GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bah, looks like I backed the wrong console."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 14/05/03 at 23:10
Regular
Today I decided I was going to buy a GameCube, simply for Mario Kart 2/Mario Golf/the new Rogue Squadron game (you can keep the crappy Mario Sunshine and Wind Waker) when they come out. I'm also considering getting an X-Box for Halo 2.

I spent a fair bit o' cash on my PS2, and while SmackDown SYM and Tony Hawk's 4 are great, it's nothing more than an overpriced DVD player for me. And not a very good one at that. I only own two games, those mentioned and the un-godly pile of stinking horse manure that is Metal Gear Solid 2. I don't want any more games for it, compared to the increasing list I want for the Cube and Box. This sucks. Gotta spend a few hundred on consoles just because I went for the PS2 (against my own judgement) all those months ago.
Wed 14/05/03 at 23:10
Regular
"That's right!"
Today I decided I was going to buy a GameCube, simply for Mario Kart 2/Mario Golf/the new Rogue Squadron game (you can keep the crappy Mario Sunshine and Wind Waker) when they come out. I'm also considering getting an X-Box for Halo 2.

I spent a fair bit o' cash on my PS2, and while SmackDown SYM and Tony Hawk's 4 are great, it's nothing more than an overpriced DVD player for me. And not a very good one at that. I only own two games, those mentioned and the un-godly pile of stinking horse manure that is Metal Gear Solid 2. I don't want any more games for it, compared to the increasing list I want for the Cube and Box. This sucks. Gotta spend a few hundred on consoles just because I went for the PS2 (against my own judgement) all those months ago.
Wed 14/05/03 at 23:12
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
rofl gaycube and crapbox suk ps2 4eva you smelly nnty fanboy.
Wed 14/05/03 at 23:14
Regular
I made the same mistake as you but I got out 6 months after getting my PS2 by purchasing an Xbox and trading it in :) 2 friends at school are doing the same thing to get Xbox's as they are sick of the PS2.
Wed 14/05/03 at 23:21
"I love yo... lamp."
Go read my post in either FOG chat, Xbox forum or on longest thread.
Wed 14/05/03 at 23:25
Regular
The wind waker is superb not kiddy.
Wed 14/05/03 at 23:31
Regular
"That's right!"
I'm not bothered if it's kiddy. I'm bothered by the fact that it's crap.

What are the chances of somebody who hated Mario 64 and Zelda on the 64 actually liking Sunshine and Wind Waker? Ain't likely, so I'm not bothering with them for now.
Wed 14/05/03 at 23:33
Regular
Yea it's your opinion people have different tastes in games, music, movies and sports teams.
Have to admit i don't own a ps2 but i see alot more appealing games on the Cube and x box.
Wed 14/05/03 at 23:35
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> I made the same mistake as you but I got out 6 months after getting my
> PS2 by purchasing an Xbox and trading it in :) 2 friends at school are
> doing the same thing to get Xbox's as they are sick of the PS2.

X-box seems to have only a few that i want... but what i can look forward to for my cube is enough
Wed 14/05/03 at 23:36
Regular
If ya like wrestling games then you'll probably be intrested in Wrestlemania X9 when it's released later this year.

Looks brilliant, just hope it can live up to THQ's promises.

Oh and you may wanna check out Resident Evil 4, if you like those kind of games go download the E3 footage. Look absoloutly amazing.
Thu 15/05/03 at 16:11
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
MoJo:

Burnout 2 is a great game if you're into driving games, and the GC version has had a fair few improvements over the PS2 version.

Ikaruga should be amazing, as it's a crazy side-scrolling futuristic shooter in space, but it's apparently really really difficult. I'll certainly be purchasing it, however. Out on 23rd (next week).

I really think you should give Pikmin a try, as it's a wonderful real-time strategy that, although a little short, is involving throughout. It's in the Player's Choice range too, so you'll be able to pick it up for £20. Sometimes it can be less than that.

Super Monkey Ball 2 is also great stuff. It might be really bright and colourful, but that doesn't matter in the slightest, as I think it's the most challenging game on the GameCube. A worth purchase.

And in the future, of course, Mario Golf, Mario Kart, Mario Tennis, F-Zero, Killer 7, Viewtiful Joe, Skies Of Arcadia Legends, Splinter Cell, Hitman 2, Wrestlemania X-9, Mario 128, Donkey Kong, Starfox Armada, Rogue Squadron 3, R: Racing Revolution, Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life, SSX 3: Out Of Bounds and Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes. Incredible!

I regret that I bought a PS2 as well now.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.