GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"NINTENDO FORUM :- WORLD'S LONGEST THREAD: RECORD ATTEMPT"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 03/11/01 at 09:26
Regular
Just Use this topic like a narmol chat room. and keep it livin'

If you have anything to say. Say it here.

[Captain's Log: 10/03/04 - Day of the Edit Post Feature]
[Diary Entry: 7/7/05 - "We shall never forget"]
Page:
Tue 08/11/05 at 20:07
Regular
Of course you can have a permit to drive for "work purposes".
Tue 08/11/05 at 20:06
Regular
"I got a great Idea"
an i your plan for all of this, are you allowing lorry's to drive around?
Tue 08/11/05 at 19:59
Regular
Rozza1001 wrote:
> right on!, polluting our atmosphere and such

And killing people, and causing stress amongst people, and taking 50% of most peoples income.

The fact is without cars the world would be a cleaner place, with less deaths on the road, especially if public transport (free with an additional tax) existed. No drink driving, no money going into massive driving campaigns. A serious unemployment situation but the economy will be good as there will be a lot more exposible income without thousands being spent a year on new cars, fixing cars, learning to drive cars and petrol.

Of course jobs can be made in the train/bus sector as these areas will need improving and extending.
Tue 08/11/05 at 19:57
Regular
"I got a great Idea"
right on!, polluting our atmosphere and such
Tue 08/11/05 at 19:55
Regular
Well that's what I do. I commute.

And I'm willing to re-locate to a job when the need arises. There is never any need for a car.

I hate cars.
Tue 08/11/05 at 19:32
Regular
"You've upset me"
Dringo wrote:
> Learn AFTER Uni when you actually NEED it! I don't know how to drive
> (then again I HATE driving with a passion) and don't plan to learn
> till my year out before i do an MA.

Screw that. I can't be doing with a 2 1/2 hour commute to college everyday.
Tue 08/11/05 at 15:55
Regular
Don't sweat the student loan. Seriously.

It's a big burden, but nevertheless, it's a very low rate of interest, paid back in comfortable installments as and when you can afford it, and if you do try to pay it off early the government will charge you extra to shaft a little more money from you. So you might as well leave it on the back-burner, let it take care of itself as it comes out of your salary, and get on with your life.

That money could be put to much better use covering all your costs of setting up in 'real life' when you get a career and stuff. Or for travelling. Something that'll actually benefit you and enrich your life.

The student loan is intimidatingly big, I have my own on the back burner. But it's a pretty begnign burden, there's little real benefit in trying to clear it prematurely, and lots of benefit from getting better use from your savings. Don't see the loan for worse than it really is.
Tue 08/11/05 at 11:02
Regular
"the burning sky"
Fortunately, I have a rather nice amount of savings, which amount to enough to buy me a decent new Hatchback or something. (Around £7000). But considering I will have debts of up to £16000, there's no way I'm spending it all on a car...
Tue 08/11/05 at 10:48
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> Learn AFTER Uni when you actually NEED it!

No no no no, bad move. If you get a job shortly after graduating, you may find driving to be hugely important. If you have to waste months taking lessons and passing a test (tod forbid you have to retake it once or more) you could be shafted. It could take you out of contention for serious job opportunities. I don't want to put extra pressure on it, but if you want a decent career asap after graduating, having the license already in your wallet could prove essential.

If you are taking a year out, and can cope with public transport or lifts for any work you plan to take, then that takes the heat off.

But if you want to go straight into job hunting, being able to drive will open opportunities for you.

If you can get a car quickly, even better. But even if you can't, having the license ready will take months, and hundreds of pounds, off the process of acquiring one.
Mon 07/11/05 at 22:13
Regular
Tomm wrote:
> If you're intending on going to Uni, try and pass before you do. I
> only jsut did and am really glad. I dont have a car and have only
> driven my dad's a few times since, but it's just a weight off your
> mind, knowing you wont have to start again the next summer etc. My
> mate had four lessons before coming to Uni and will have to wait till
> the summer till he can carry on learning...

At uni though you can't afford to drive and you may not start again during the summer as buying insurance is pointless.

Learn AFTER Uni when you actually NEED it! I don't know how to drive (then again I HATE driving with a passion) and don't plan to learn till my year out before i do an MA.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.