GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GTA3 Dodgy Graphics"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 01/11/01 at 21:38
Regular
Sorry about another GTA3 post, buts its not about how wonderful it is, (althought it pretty spanking wicked)

Is anyone else experiancing dodgy graphics, espesially on Staunton (dunno about the 3rd island)? I'm getting holes in the road that get filled up when i get close to them, some times they apperar to reflect the sky but I imagine thats just whats under the ground, and some shop fronts are missing at a distance two, with the same effect. It looks like the bitmap that is over the polygon, isnt being drawn straight away, or maybe its because I'm so damn fast?
Fri 02/11/01 at 11:37
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Your Honour wrote:
> Don't forget, when you get on the second island, the game area is now twice as
> big, with pausing for laoding when you go between areas.

There's bound to be
> a little glitch here and there, just becuase of the sheer volume of information
> that the PS2 has to shift about the place.

This is sooo true... the poor thing is streaming the lot constantly, and this is the first time this has been done on such a scale so there would be some glitches somewhere but none that I've noticed yet.

The game it truly awesome, on of the best games I've played in years. A little glitch here and there is minor for a game so grand and lusturous in size!!

Some people are so hard to please!!

Still beats Q3 on loading!!
Fri 02/11/01 at 11:28
Regular
"Touched!"
I have yet to have any dodgy glitches/graphics yet, and i have been playing the game now for a solid week, i can notice slowdown though, but thats to be expected..i am now waiting for sony to arrive with another ps2..
Fri 02/11/01 at 11:25
Regular
Don't forget, when you get on the second island, the game area is now twice as big, with pausing for laoding when you go between areas.

There's bound to be a little glitch here and there, just becuase of the sheer volume of information that the PS2 has to shift about the place.
Fri 02/11/01 at 11:08
Regular
"Wobble"
Pro Evo wrote:
> If it keeps happening, im going to ring sony before my
> warranty is out.

You'd probably be better off mailing Rockstar/DMA first; I bet they say that it's perfectly normal behaviour.

If you do, post the reply here so everyone knows.
Fri 02/11/01 at 10:47
Regular
Longy:0) wrote:
> i don't know but maybe tonight and then hopefully ill be getting it tomz YEAH!!

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fri 02/11/01 at 10:43
Regular
"WWJD"
i don't know but maybe tonight and then hopefully ill be getting it tomz YEAH!!
Fri 02/11/01 at 10:37
Regular
i havent really bothered about it because i just ignore it it is only a little glitch
Fri 02/11/01 at 01:05
Regular
"360: swfcman"
I have had the same problem, but it only seems to happen when the PS2 has been on for a long time.

If it keeps happening, im going to ring sony before my warranty is out.
Thu 01/11/01 at 22:25
I have noticed it too but doesn't affect my enjoyment at all
Thu 01/11/01 at 22:11
Regular
"WWJD"
when i get it, thats how im going to be really fast!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.