GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GT4"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Gran Turismo 4 (GT4)'.
Sun 25/05/03 at 08:58
Regular
Set to be the biggest game of 2004, me thinks.

200 cars
50 tracks
Better graphics than GT3
Online options

The screen shots are jaw droppingly high quality.
Tue 27/05/03 at 13:54
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
As per usual, I've got to settle an arguement.

Yay!

GT3 was a good game but **** me was it boring after a while. The rally driving was good but I just couldn't drive around a massive boring track for 10 laps. There's no damage in it so there's no basic skill to the game, you can just pile into walls to help you turn.

Multiplayer was boring too, again it's fun on the rally ones but 1v1 on a massive track gets boring when a car get's miles ahead.

Burnout 2 however is far more fun. My mate who hates driving games loves it. It has so mich more playability and there are only a couple of tracks that are really boring with few obstacles to hit.

It's just what you do while driving, you can concentrate on just driving in a perfect circle which gets boring very quickly or you can try driving on the wrong side of the road while dodging other cars.

Racing on it's own is boring, you need something else to keep you playing like damage or weapons.

The GT series is easily the most realistic but my god is it boring after a while.
Tue 27/05/03 at 12:51
Regular
Heh!

Those who boast about being clever are usually the ones who can't string a sentence together :) I think the replies prove my point.

Oh and the car models in Project Gotham Racing blow anything out of the water in terms of racing games. Guess what, they actually have drivers!
Tue 27/05/03 at 12:32
Regular
§pånkër wrote:
> so just cos i am incredibly clever i have to be boring? dont be silly

Iz it cos u iz cleva?
Tue 27/05/03 at 12:14
Regular
"None Stored"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Thats probably why then. You are a boring person and therefore you
> like boring games. If I wanted to drive around a track 100 times
> finishing 30 laps ahad of everyone else then I would go and do it in a
> real racing car and not as a game. MSR and PGR show Gran Turismo games
> up. They are more fun, racing isn't the only element and the car
> models are much more detailed in the PGR games. There is no
> competition, GT games are absolutley boring and realism of that level
> is what I am trying to escape from and the PGR series is fun, great to
> play and I don't have to listen to the same stupid rock songs from
> bands like Feeder as I entertain myself.

so just cos i am incredibly clever i have to be boring? dont be silly
Tue 27/05/03 at 11:58
Regular
Leprechaun wrote:
> I enjoyed GT3-A spec, but sometimes I think the games makers try and
> fob the gamer off by just adding extra cars with 'slightly different
> exhaust pipes' to make them different. Don't know if that is likely to
> be the case with GT4, im just speaking in general here.

GT3-A spec was a bit of a "money for old rope" job. Just some different cars to GT3. But GT4 is not such a game, it is a new game with brand new features like the on-line mode.
Tue 27/05/03 at 11:54
Regular
ÂLÂS†ÂÎR wrote:
> Biggest game of 2004? What about Halo 2, Perfect Dark 2, Doom 3,
> Metroid Prime 2, New Zelda game for GC amongst others. If its anything
> like GT3 then I will be staying well clear as it just doesn't compare
> to Project Gotham Racing.

PGR on XBox doesnt look that good. GT3 (and thats older) probaly looks as good. Could be to do with the fact the PGR is based on the (even older) MSR (for Dreamcast). DOOM 3 shoud be good - just a pitty it is unlikely to ever run on my pc (or mac)!
Mon 26/05/03 at 01:33
Regular
Some games strike a nice balance between them (ala Splinter Cell) but then there is Gran Turismo which takes realism to the extreme and the results...
Mon 26/05/03 at 01:31
Regular
Lets put it this way.

You can play something uber realistic, or something fun.

Tough choice.
Mon 26/05/03 at 01:24
Regular
Thats probably why then. You are a boring person and therefore you like boring games. If I wanted to drive around a track 100 times finishing 30 laps ahad of everyone else then I would go and do it in a real racing car and not as a game. MSR and PGR show Gran Turismo games up. They are more fun, racing isn't the only element and the car models are much more detailed in the PGR games. There is no competition, GT games are absolutley boring and realism of that level is what I am trying to escape from and the PGR series is fun, great to play and I don't have to listen to the same stupid rock songs from bands like Feeder as I entertain myself.
Mon 26/05/03 at 01:15
Regular
"None Stored"
dont argue with me, i have an IQ of 140!! :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.