GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GameCube Pokémon RPG"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 26/05/03 at 18:32
Regular
Alright, so it hasn’t been officially confirmed yet – just hinted at, and even if it is – it’s miles off. But it could really happen… and if it did, there’d be no stopping the ‘Cube. This excites me, so here are some things I’d like to see make it to the final cut:

1. The option to choose between real time fighting and turn based. Turn based would obviously work like Stadium, but real time may be quite an interesting idea. You could either take control of your Pokémon (X, Y, B, Z would be the four assigned moves, with A to jump, R and L to side-step/dodge and the control stick for movement) or, you could prepare tactics before battles and let your Pokémon fight it out themselves. This would add a kind of Championship Manager feel to it, and it’d be excellent to fine tune various aspects of the fighting.

2. A decent graphics engine. The detail on the Pokémon and world should be much better than that in Coliseum – and it’d be a great feeling wandering magical worlds and watching Pokémon graze in various fields (yes, the enemies should be visible, unlike the GB games and FF). Perhaps, The Wind Waker’s engine could be used.

3. Online. How great would this be? It’d be a middle finger towards Live and PS2 Online and could really attract many owners towards purchasing a modem. Of course, the offline single player would have to be perfected first, and this couldn’t be just a gimmick – so it’d take a lot of work. But imagine trading, and tournaments and being able to become the *real* Pokémon Master. It’d be cool to have clans and stuff, and make gangs like Team Rocket and the like. Iwata hinted at this, so online could be a strong possibility.

Just a few of my ideas there. Add your own, comment on how rubbish or great my thoughts are, or discuss the game. Whatever.
Sat 31/05/03 at 16:56
Regular
Maverick42 wrote:
> What IS Memory Magic?

Pokemon Box, some stupid thing where you can bring all the stats of your Pokemon up on your Gamecube.

Load of crap really.
Sat 31/05/03 at 16:54
Regular
What IS Memory Magic?
Wed 28/05/03 at 16:40
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
He has reason. Memory Magic anyone?
Wed 28/05/03 at 16:20
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> This is Nintendo we're talking about, not Atari.

My bad.
Wed 28/05/03 at 16:18
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
oh yeah i check the ESPA charts abd apparently Enter the Matrix is 1 while Zelda Wind Waker settles for a 2nd
Wed 28/05/03 at 16:02
Regular
gamezfreak wrote:

> Still, Pokemon RPG would be awesome. My only worry is, Nintendo might
> rush and release it early because they know the Pokemon brand will
> sell.

This is Nintendo we're talking about, not Atari.
Wed 28/05/03 at 16:01
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I personally won't be getting hyped about this title, but I will be keeping an eye on it, and probably picking up a copy whenever it's out if it turns out to be a decent RPG...
Wed 28/05/03 at 15:52
Regular
Nah.

Pokemon would'nt fit an online adevnture.

Still, Pokemon RPG would be awesome. My only worry is, Nintendo might rush and release it early because they know the Pokemon brand will sell.

I'd like to see a huge world though, like the whole Pokemon universe from all the GB games.

And the ability to use "flying" pokemon to fly above towns and stuff.
Wed 28/05/03 at 12:05
Regular
Actually if you think about it, online the game wouldn't be has good because you can only level your pokemon up to level 100. Nintendo would have to change this for it to go online, because after a while nearly everyone would have level 100 pokemon.
Wed 28/05/03 at 11:31
Regular
I'd love a Pokémon RPG on the Gamecube, but I'd only get it if it was going online.

I'm bored of the single player adventures, if you train up pokemon very early you can defeat everyone easily. But, onlie, you'll be facing people who could be far stronger than you, for a change.

ANd I want to be able to steal other people's pokemon.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.