GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GTA 3 crashes."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 30/10/01 at 18:13
Regular
No, not car crashes, the game crashing. It happened once to me today and thats all, but i had not saved for a while and lost 5 hard missions. Has this happened to anyone else?

Its not a big problem, it only happened once, it could be because the PS2 has been on for 24 hours nearly with about a 6 hour rest....
Tue 30/10/01 at 20:42
2 months without crashing for me woo hoo
Tue 30/10/01 at 20:33
My PS2 has crashed 2 times both playing SSX, but apart from that no real problems still have a couple of months left on my warranty :)
Tue 30/10/01 at 20:03
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Ha, you may have just started a chain of events there.

And what a time it would be for it to break now, with all the good titles about to be are already released.
Tue 30/10/01 at 19:59
Regular
"High polygon count"
Pro Evo wrote:
> i still have about a month left on warranty dont i?
> I got it launch day.

You should have, but don't worry about it too much.

A friend of mine had a dodgy PSone a few years ago, that was well out of its warranty period. He called Sony and they replaced it with no charge.

I think they're more interested in keeping customers happy than many people give them credit for! :-)

It will be interesting to see what happens after November, when the warranties expire for those who got a launch machine. Will Sony charge for the repairs? Who will be the first to find out?

And now I've said that, you just know it's going to be me...
Tue 30/10/01 at 19:49
my uncles had his ps2 since launch and he ain't had no problems at all. maybe it's cause some people play on there's for like 5 hours continuous it crashes
Tue 30/10/01 at 19:48
Regular
Yeah, i knew that things are constantly being loaded, and there seems to be no slowdown like spikes problem so maybe it was just a one off.

Ill play it tonight and see if there are anymore problems, if so, ill ring Sony up, i still have about a month left on warranty dont i? I got it launch day.
Tue 30/10/01 at 19:43
Regular
"High polygon count"
I've had my PS2 since launch, and it has only ever crashed once. But that was while playing the PSone game Driver 2, and that title also crashed 2 or 3 times on my PSone, so that's down to the software rather than the machine, I reckon.

My PS2 was on practically the whole of the weekend playing GTA3, and I've had no problems so far.

Thing is, if you hadn't noticed, GTA3 is constantly accessing the disc while you play (try turning off the sound for a minute, and you'll hear it). So... if there *is* any minor defect in your DVD drive, this title will surely make you aware of it.
Tue 30/10/01 at 19:41
Regular
Hmm, mine did, maybe on the count that it had quite a few falls.

Its dead now though, bless its electronic soul.
Tue 30/10/01 at 19:35
Regular
"Back For Good"
my PS1 or the old playstation rather never crashed. With the exception of fiddling with xplorer cheats it was very realiable,never lost a game save either ;-)
Tue 30/10/01 at 19:31
Regular
Resvilfan wrote:
> My PS2 has crashed twice with Crazy taxi, not as realiable as the PS1 :-(

Not sure about that, my PS1 crashed quite a few times. My PS2 has only crashed twice, with GTA3, and playing driver 2.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.