GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GTA 3 crashes."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 30/10/01 at 18:13
Regular
No, not car crashes, the game crashing. It happened once to me today and thats all, but i had not saved for a while and lost 5 hard missions. Has this happened to anyone else?

Its not a big problem, it only happened once, it could be because the PS2 has been on for 24 hours nearly with about a 6 hour rest....
Wed 31/10/01 at 23:24
Regular
My SNES has crashed, my N64 has crashed many times. I also remember my GBC crashing once.
Wed 31/10/01 at 23:19
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
My NES has never crahsed...
My SNES has never crashed...
My N64 has never crashed...
My GBA has never crashed...

I can see a pattern there... :D

Game
Wed 31/10/01 at 22:28
nooo, not another GTA topic. well its not as bad because its saying a bad thing but its still GTA
Wed 31/10/01 at 22:21
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
I was pretty gutted when my PS2 arrived pre-ordered. I was all ready and psyched up to play when all of sudden I put the ISS disc in, closed the CD drive and waited for it to load. I started to hear funny noises, but silly me thought that that was how it was supposed to be. When neither of my games started I rang the PS2 customer service line and told them the problem. They kindly sent me a new one in about 5 days time, which had and has no problems to this day!

I've not got GTA3 yet, but I certainly hope it doesn't crash as often as you say it does. I know how it feels to lose hours of playing due to stupid crashing. I hate it!

The best advice I can give you is to give the disc a thorough clean and hope for the best.
Wed 31/10/01 at 22:07
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Oh dear....When did you get your first PS2?
Wed 31/10/01 at 21:57
Regular
"Touched!"
Triple_H wrote:
> 5TH??????????????????What the hell is wrong with them..

They nack up one way or another and i take care of it as well, ranging from DVD probs, to the CD drive going crazy, to dodgy fans...you name it its happened to mine
Wed 31/10/01 at 21:29
Regular
"You Bum!!"
5TH??????????????????What the hell is wrong with them..
Wed 31/10/01 at 20:35
Regular
"Touched!"
Well guys, an update on my PS2 situtation is that i am getting a reconditioned one from sony on friday, so hopefully this will be 5th time lucky :-)
Wed 31/10/01 at 20:18
Regular
"accidental superher"
nope never crashed with me...
Wed 31/10/01 at 19:21
Regular
"You Bum!!"
The only game my PS2 doesnt seem to "like" is ISS Pro Evolution. It just keeps buggering up now and then.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.