GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GTA 3 crashes."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 30/10/01 at 18:13
Regular
No, not car crashes, the game crashing. It happened once to me today and thats all, but i had not saved for a while and lost 5 hard missions. Has this happened to anyone else?

Its not a big problem, it only happened once, it could be because the PS2 has been on for 24 hours nearly with about a 6 hour rest....
Wed 31/10/01 at 14:44
Regular
Mine has never crashed on Game, but a DVD did stop playing half way through once...
Wed 31/10/01 at 14:44
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Bonus wrote:
> I can't recall my PS2 ever crashing, and I have a launch machine,
> so...............

same here
Wed 31/10/01 at 14:27
Regular
I can't recall my PS2 ever crashing, and I have a launch machine, so...............
Wed 31/10/01 at 09:44
Mine crashed while playing Resident CV, but i opened the DVD Drawer and then closed it then it loaded up fine, no problems since.

No problems with GTA3... and hope none in the future...
Tue 30/10/01 at 22:31
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Ok, just had a solid hour on GTA 3 and all was well, no crashing and no slow down, although at one point a section of the road did not load until i was right on top of it, has this happened to anyone? And if it occurs should i ring sony?
Tue 30/10/01 at 21:12
Regular
mine has also crashed playing the spy hunter demo and thats it, it was in the morning so maybe it was just waking up?
i also hear the PS2 reading the GTA3 all the time it is because after you have loaded your save it dont load after that in blocks it just keeps loading all the time which is good.
Tue 30/10/01 at 20:49
Regular
"Touched!"
yeah, i have never played my ps2 for 15 hour, 8 maybe but thats only when my friends stay up and we get addicted to GT3 all night...class game, but yeah the ps2 needs a rest sometimes..
Tue 30/10/01 at 20:47
"High polygon count"
sPiKe2k wrote:
> cheers for the phone number wookiee

No problem, mate.

Incidentally, you may want to bookmark http://www.sony.co.uk - the 'Support' section has contact numbers for all Sony equipment problems.
Tue 30/10/01 at 20:46
and you shouldn't have games on for 15 hours anyway. you see that rectangular thing on the side of your house? that's called a door go out of it and experience the life outside it. i do like games alot but i do go outside as well. the longest i've ever played a game is 3 hours. then i switch off and go out with my friends
Tue 30/10/01 at 20:43
Regular
"Touched!"
bingbong wrote:
> My PS2 has crashed 2 times both playing SSX, but apart from that no real
> problems still have a couple of months left on my warranty :)

strange that mate , because my Ps2 crashed about 3-4 times on me for SSX and fantavision always locked up, anyway guys i was on the phone to sony about 30 mins ago and the nice lady said tech support were really busy and they will phone tomorrow, so i am hopefull i will get a replacement, and HOPEFULLY, Forth time lucky, cheers for the phone number wookiee, you have been a great help..and on the crashing issue, the ps2 imo is a bit sensative to games, but they shouldn't crash very often or as many of you have said having it on a while may crash the game, (i'm talking 15+ hours here though)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.