GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo in deep water"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 26/05/03 at 21:56
Regular
Nintendo's share price is falling faster than a leaf in autumn. Why? The industry is pointing the finger at the poor sales of the Gamecube, citing all the surplus stock sitting on the warehouse shelves.

Nintendo are a big company, of course, but they are pretty worried about the fairly hefty fall in their company's profits by about 37 percent. Even their usual fallback on the handheld market is now being threatened by Sony's new handheld Playstation, currently being readied for release over the next year, and their Pokemon franchise, which is slowing down of late.

The news is that they want to ditch the Cube and try again, but doing this would drastically affect their company image. This was a company founded on trust, when they took back faulty NES consoles without arguement and replaced them with new ones in Japan it made their sales jump through the roof.

Whatever way they decide to stay afloat, it looks bad for the true gamers who were hoping and believing that there could be room for 3 consoles in the market. E3 showed that some companies are cutting back again on their Gamecube titles, despite earlier efforts from Nintendo to gain support from big players like EA Games. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.
Page:
Wed 28/05/03 at 14:22
Regular
Run along now.
Wed 28/05/03 at 14:21
Regular
I think your Microsoft Retarded Eyes 2003 are somehow affecting your ability.
Wed 28/05/03 at 14:19
Regular
Erm...

*Check collection*

Yep I have both version too and overall the Xbox version is better. GameSpy also did a comparison with all of the versions of the game and graphically the Xbox version won.

Your pathetic attempts to start another argument are feeble.

Run along now.
Wed 28/05/03 at 14:17
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> A low end PC can not run Splinter Cell and even on a top end PC the
> Xbox looks sharper. I have seen it on the PC and the Xbox version runs
> smoother and the graphics are sharper.

Ha ha ha

Your pathetic attempts at trying to make the PC look bad against the Xboxx are really quite pathetic.

I have both versions and the PC one is far and away the better. And you can actually aim properly with a mouse.
Wed 28/05/03 at 14:05
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Of course it's my opinion only - I didn't say it was fact did I? But I do own a PS2 and Xbox as well...so I'd say I'm fairly qualified to make an informed judgement.

I did like Ico, though. And Rez.
Wed 28/05/03 at 14:03
"!Basement Clucking!"
Unbeliever wrote:
> Ok, so it's got low sales. I think we can establish that undeniable
> fact. But NO...and I mean NO PS2 game has come close to the same
> enjoyment of playing Metroid Prime.
>
> It's even better than Zelda.

Thats only your opinion, i dont like FPS, i dont really like Metriod that much, thus i dont share your enthusiasm of the game and hapen to find many more PS2 games more enjoyable than it.
Wed 28/05/03 at 13:56
Regular
"everyone says it"
Goatboy wrote:
> er-no wrote:
> I said it now. Right then. And you can't deny I am wrong, for the
> insides of an XBox are the insides of a low-end PC from Comet.
> ---
>
> Still selling more than Gamecube though.
> Face it, despite your insider knowledge from looking at games sales,
> nobody is touching the Gamecube.
>
> How do I know this?
> Sales figures, plummeting share prices and CEOs admitting "they
> got it wrong"

Yeah, Nintendo have completely messed up. I think we'll be saying goodbye to them from the hardware market in the next couple of years. It was great while it lasted, but I feel I have defended their actions for too long. Its pathetic how the GameCube has performed if you actually look into asking the people with all the three consoles which they prefer, I would say the majority would favour GameCube.

To be honest I couldn't give a crap. I play games and enjoy them, filming is my passion now. I have moved on.
Wed 28/05/03 at 13:55
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Goatboy wrote:
> Zone of Enders did it better and did it better over a year ago.

I refute that statement. Have you even played Prime?
Wed 28/05/03 at 13:54
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Zone of Enders did it better and did it better over a year ago.
Wed 28/05/03 at 13:50
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Ok, so it's got low sales. I think we can establish that undeniable fact. But NO...and I mean NO PS2 game has come close to the same enjoyment of playing Metroid Prime.

It's even better than Zelda.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.