GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Virginia Tech Shooter"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 16/04/07 at 18:40
Regular
I assume most of you have heard about this in the news today

EDIT - Current figure now stands at 32 students shot dead at Virginia Tech College, Blackburn, USA.

All Police have confirmed is there was a heavily armed, ammunition carrying Asian man - who was killed. However, they're looking for a possible accomplice.

Apparently it's the worst occurence of this type of shooting since the six students were shot at the Kent State University for their Anti-Vietnam protest, back at the start of the 70s.

Story Here
Thu 19/04/07 at 19:24
Regular
Trust the media to make as many scapegoats as possible.
Thu 19/04/07 at 19:35
Regular
119 people got killed in a bomb blast in Baghdad. Didn't even see that on the news.
Thu 19/04/07 at 19:50
Regular
Machie wrote:
> I think he meant, why does this thing frequently happen in
> America Kawada?
>
> When was the last gun crime in America? Probably one happening
> right now. But the last major event was the killing of 5 young
> girls at an Amish school in Colorado, just 6 months ago.
>
> Usually when someone gets shot and killed in the UK, we'll hear
> about it on the news and usually follow it with a gun amnesty.
> We tend to only hear about major killings (10 killed by
> snipers in Washington DC 2002)
and ones that happen in US
> schools. (9 killed in Minnesota 2005) Sadly school
> shootings are an annual thing in America.
>
> As for the annual number of deaths in America by guns, I wouldnt
> know, is it in the 100s? 1000s? or even 10,000s? :S
>
> Unfortunately it looks like this one is turning out to be the
> worst shooting in American history. 33 people dead. =(

Not including military actions of course..... thats normally about the number of friendly soldures they kill. Then you have to add up civilians and red cross workers etc etc!!!
Fri 20/04/07 at 07:29
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Alfonse wrote:
> 119 people got killed in a bomb blast in Baghdad. Didn't even see
> that on the news.

I think it ended up as 157 blown to pieces or burned to death in their vehicles during the marketplace bombing, plus hundreds more injured and killed during the other two bombings elsewhere in the city.

Reason it wasn't sticked is because:

a) it's old news, happens practically daily in Iraq
b) it didn't involve students and teachers, just Iraqi men, women and children
c) there's no teen angst involved, or if there was it's probably still being scraped off the walls of the marketplace
d) we like to bury news like this quickly because we're one of the allied nations that helped to free Iraq and turn it into the nation of peace and prosperity that we see today
e) Approximately 11,312 Iraqi civilians were killed in 2004, 14,910 in 2005, 26,540 in 2006. That's roughly the population of Andover, and who gives a toss about Andover?
Fri 20/04/07 at 16:53
Regular
I saw the video he made on the internet yesterday and it saddened me, there probably were a billion things someone could have done to stop him.
Fri 20/04/07 at 16:59
Regular
"8==="
"Hey, Family Guy's on!"
Fri 20/04/07 at 22:47
Regular
"eat toast!"
Anyone heard that Jack thompson is not attempting to pin this tragedy on computer games. Oh thats priceless. URL below. Note theres a break in it.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/virginia-tech/breaking-idiot-thompson-blames-va-shooting-on-games <*SPACE HERE! NOT PART OF url!*>-252702.php
Sat 21/04/07 at 14:26
Regular
pb wrote:
> Only in America, it seems.
>
> Why does this sort of thing happen in the US and not anywhere
> else?

I must say, that is the most ignorant thing I've read thusfar on here. Okay, so I've only read three threads so far..

A lot of miserably horrific things happen in the world much worse and more often, but you don't hear of them like this because in those countries there aren't broadcast services like there are in modern countries. Imagine what we'd be faced with if all the killing in African, Latin American, and Asian countries were accounted for and aired this way?
Sat 21/04/07 at 19:21
Regular
I think he meant young people going on killing sprees, worse things happen statistically, but the closest thing you really have to these killing sprees are suicide bombers, and they, seemingly, have completely different reasons for doing so
Sat 21/04/07 at 19:46
Regular
I heard there was a shooting at NASA recently. One of two hostages killed, then the guy commit suicide.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.