GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Virginia Tech Shooter"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 16/04/07 at 18:40
Regular
I assume most of you have heard about this in the news today

EDIT - Current figure now stands at 32 students shot dead at Virginia Tech College, Blackburn, USA.

All Police have confirmed is there was a heavily armed, ammunition carrying Asian man - who was killed. However, they're looking for a possible accomplice.

Apparently it's the worst occurence of this type of shooting since the six students were shot at the Kent State University for their Anti-Vietnam protest, back at the start of the 70s.

Story Here
Mon 16/04/07 at 23:15
"possibly impossible"
Only in America, it seems.

Why does this sort of thing happen in the US and not anywhere else? What drives people to it?
Mon 16/04/07 at 23:26
Regular
"hows ya doin"
insanity boardom a range of things
Tue 17/04/07 at 01:14
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
pb wrote:
> Only in America, it seems.
>
> Why does this sort of thing happen in the US and not anywhere
> else?

Well apart from Canada, Germany, Scotland, Argentina, Japan, Yemen, Holland etc yea it's never happened anywhere but the States
Tue 17/04/07 at 05:55
Regular
I think he meant, why does this thing frequently happen in America Kawada?

When was the last gun crime in America? Probably one happening right now. But the last major event was the killing of 5 young girls at an Amish school in Colorado, just 6 months ago.

Usually when someone gets shot and killed in the UK, we'll hear about it on the news and usually follow it with a gun amnesty. We tend to only hear about major killings (10 killed by snipers in Washington DC 2002) and ones that happen in US schools. (9 killed in Minnesota 2005) Sadly school shootings are an annual thing in America.

As for the annual number of deaths in America by guns, I wouldnt know, is it in the 100s? 1000s? or even 10,000s? :S

Unfortunately it looks like this one is turning out to be the worst shooting in American history. 33 people dead. =(
Tue 17/04/07 at 06:43
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Just looking briefly around the net American gun deaths per year range from 17000 to 30000 with about 1500 being accidents.
As for what Kawada said about it happening in other places around the world, yeah of course but how often? I see you mentioned Scotland so i assume you mean Dunblane, that was 11 years ago.
Tue 17/04/07 at 08:13
"possibly impossible"
Yeah, pretty much happens everywhere, but not at such the frequency that it does in the US.

I'm not criticising the country, just asking why it should happen more in one country. It's not even the size of the country, either. On average you'll probably find that other serious types of crime are committed in Europe on the same scale, but school shootings (and sniper attacks) seem to be mostly centred around the US.
Tue 17/04/07 at 08:16
Regular
"8==="
*Sings*

There is nothing like Dunblane, nothing - in - the - world. There is nothing you can name that was anything like Dunblane!
Tue 17/04/07 at 10:42
Regular
When Dunblane happened, didn't they ban ownership of all handguns after that?

I don't think America will ever give up the right to own a gun. All I know is, I would definitely not, feel more safer if guns were freely available in the UK like in America, even if I had a gun myself. The first thing those idiot chavs would do, is trade in their knives for guns.
Tue 17/04/07 at 13:05
Regular
"8==="
Clearly it's the fact that schools exist.

If kids were at home playing videogames instead of being at school then we'd never see things like this.
Tue 17/04/07 at 13:32
Regular
"8==="
[URL]http://imdb.com/title/tt0365960/[/URL]

Bought this for 2 quid today, it won awards up to the eyeballs. Hmmmm.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.