GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Can anything stop GC doing a dreamcast?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 29/05/03 at 08:57
Regular
With the rubbish you get on the Nintendo Gamecube highly unlikely
Thu 29/05/03 at 10:24
Regular
Oh and those are sales charts. If it was down to quality then the PS2 would have around 1 game a month in the charts. Thats not a stupid gage either, the PS2 manages about 1 decent game every couple of months.
Thu 29/05/03 at 10:22
Regular
"8==="
Updated wrote:
> - Which is the most popular console (still)? It aint GameCube, thats
> for sure. If these "AAA" games are so great why has Zelda
> already fallen back down the charts, and why are these games (if they
> are so much better) not enough to put GC in 1st position.

Because Joe Public is stupid ok?
There are SO many games out there which are excellent and have slipped by such as Forsaken 64 and Perfect Dark. Joe Public seems to plump for licences (look at how many crap movie and sports games race up the charts).
Thu 29/05/03 at 10:19
Regular
Because (I know you shouldn't start a sentence with because) people like you think that GTA is in the 'in thing' and you seem to miss out on a console which smashes the PS2 in terms of quality games by about 3:1.
Thu 29/05/03 at 10:17
Regular
$lik wrote:
> So the GC is'nt selling amazingly well in Europe? SO WHAT! it's still
> sellinga reasonable ammount to compete in Europe and it's still going
> strong in Japan and the US, the only reason the PS2 has sold
> truckloads is because it was launched a year and a half before
> anything else and it is nothing but a multimedia device which plays
> games for the mass market which consists of mainly casual gamers and
> their slobbering consumerism.
>
> One thing I have learned above all else from my years of support for
> Nintendo and their outstanding contributions to the gaming world is
> that you should NEVER write them off, Nintendo have bounced back from
> worse situations than this from the beggining where they had to
> replace thousands of faulty NES consoles in Japan which they did with
> no arguements and at no extra cost to the consumer and as Edgy has
> recently stated (i'm sure it was Edgy) Nintendo was a company founded
> on trust and thats something that Sony can NEVER lay claim to
> especially with all of that uproar about Sony Deliberatly installing
> faulty chips in their PS2s so that the consumer would have to buy
> another within the next couple of years, I think thats diabolical and
> that Sony should be shot for it.
>
> And anyway, the rest of this year will show a steady rise in sales and
> a greater domination of the mass as well as the hardcore and more
> discerning market, with more AAAA releases than you can shake a big
> stick at, and this will continue well into 2004 when plans for
> releasing the next GameBoy and the successor to the Gamecube will be
> well underway, adn lets not forget that inbetween these times Nintendo
> will still be striving to produce even more innovative games and
> technology and in doing so will contribute even more to the gaming
> world as we know it.
>
> In conclusion if you are amongst the many who still loyally support
> Nintendo or have just purchased a Gamecube and can appreciate the vast
> lineup of quality games that are currently available then whats to
> come within the next year is going to be nothing short of mesmorising
> in terms of the quality of hardware and software that is on offer and
> Nintendos up and coming gradual dominance in the market, and if your a
> Sony or Microsoft lover who adores their weekly churned out roster of
> what is mostly (lets be honest) a very sub-standard affair then you
> can either continue to wallow in the dregs of the gaming market in
> offerings at least or myabe just maybe it's worth considering a change
> for the better? Worth thinking about is'nt it, and i'll leave you with
> that thought.
>
> slik ~_~

You forget some facts.

Who was it that was cought riping off EU customers
- Nintendo

"Sony Deliberatly installing faulty chips in their PS2s so that the consumer would have to buy another within the next couple of years, I think thats diabolical and that Sony should be shot for it"
- That was Microsoft

"wallow in the dregs of the gaming market"
- Which is the most popular console (still)? It aint GameCube, thats for sure. If these "AAA" games are so great why has Zelda already fallen back down the charts, and why are these games (if they are so much better) not enough to put GC in 1st position.
Thu 29/05/03 at 10:17
Regular
Top score wrote:
> With the rubbish you get on the Nintendo Gamecube highly unlikely

Who are you top judge anything? Whats this rubbish then? You mean there isn't a GTA game where you can go around pressing the trigger pretending to be a car thief?

Heh!

Thats about you level of inteligence though isn't it?!
Thu 29/05/03 at 10:03
Regular
"8==="
Plus Nintendo fill in the software gaps themselves. They have proved they can recover from mistakes before (n64 in Japan - lets not go there)
Thu 29/05/03 at 09:58
Regular
"DS..."
So the GC is'nt selling amazingly well in Europe? SO WHAT! it's still sellinga reasonable ammount to compete in Europe and it's still going strong in Japan and the US, the only reason the PS2 has sold truckloads is because it was launched a year and a half before anything else and it is nothing but a multimedia device which plays games for the mass market which consists of mainly casual gamers and their slobbering consumerism.

One thing I have learned above all else from my years of support for Nintendo and their outstanding contributions to the gaming world is that you should NEVER write them off, Nintendo have bounced back from worse situations than this from the beggining where they had to replace thousands of faulty NES consoles in Japan which they did with no arguements and at no extra cost to the consumer and as Edgy has recently stated (i'm sure it was Edgy) Nintendo was a company founded on trust and thats something that Sony can NEVER lay claim to especially with all of that uproar about Sony Deliberatly installing faulty chips in their PS2s so that the consumer would have to buy another within the next couple of years, I think thats diabolical and that Sony should be shot for it.

And anyway, the rest of this year will show a steady rise in sales and a greater domination of the mass as well as the hardcore and more discerning market, with more AAAA releases than you can shake a big stick at, and this will continue well into 2004 when plans for releasing the next GameBoy and the successor to the Gamecube will be well underway, adn lets not forget that inbetween these times Nintendo will still be striving to produce even more innovative games and technology and in doing so will contribute even more to the gaming world as we know it.

In conclusion if you are amongst the many who still loyally support Nintendo or have just purchased a Gamecube and can appreciate the vast lineup of quality games that are currently available then whats to come within the next year is going to be nothing short of mesmorising in terms of the quality of hardware and software that is on offer and Nintendos up and coming gradual dominance in the market, and if your a Sony or Microsoft lover who adores their weekly churned out roster of what is mostly (lets be honest) a very sub-standard affair then you can either continue to wallow in the dregs of the gaming market in offerings at least or myabe just maybe it's worth considering a change for the better? Worth thinking about is'nt it, and i'll leave you with that thought.

slik ~_~
Thu 29/05/03 at 09:56
Regular
"8==="
I would like to think Nintendo haven't squandered there GB/GBA/GBA-SP profits.
Thu 29/05/03 at 09:50
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> Nintendo can easily support it with money from GBA sales.

What about GBA-SP?

Thats provided Sony dont steal the show with their new hand held game system. If they do, and GC sales remain the same, Nintendo will be stuffed!
Thu 29/05/03 at 09:32
Regular
"8==="
Nintendo can easily support it with money from GBA sales.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.