GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bored with games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 30/05/03 at 21:21
Regular
I can't really seem to find any games these days on PS2 that particularly take my interest. The last game I bought was FFX on platinum, the reason getting so late after original release being I hadn't got the money. Apart from that I haven't bought or even rented a game since before Christmas. I've sold most of my old games because they were just gathering dust on the shelf. I need something original, something to grab my interest again....
Sun 01/06/03 at 16:56
"!Basement Clucking!"
Memorandum wrote:
> That's because you only own a PS2 (no offence).
>
> Realistically you need more than one gaming system to get a broad
> range of different games. Each console seems to have a genre it's
> most focused on, and whatever the PS2's is, you appear to be sick of
> the majority of games being like that.
>
> Best advice I can offer.

For once i agree with you, thats why I got myself a Cube.
Sun 01/06/03 at 16:44
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
I know what you mean Memorandum. Same thing happened with the PSone. I'm not really much of a PC gamer but I'm thinking in investing in games for it for a while instead of the PS2. Might find something I'm interested in that way. Get the exams out of the way first though I think!
Sun 01/06/03 at 16:37
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
That's because you only own a PS2 (no offence).

Realistically you need more than one gaming system to get a broad range of different games. Each console seems to have a genre it's most focused on, and whatever the PS2's is, you appear to be sick of the majority of games being like that.

Best advice I can offer.
Sun 01/06/03 at 16:34
"!Basement Clucking!"
Its hard to be innovative now because itsd all been done before.
Sun 01/06/03 at 16:29
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
The reason I'm bored with them is because there's nothing new and innovative really about whats being released. It's all been done before. I always get the feeling I've played this before somewhere, and thats usually because it's been the same thing in a different game. It just feels like the games are getting to the stage where its playing by numbers.
Sun 01/06/03 at 11:09
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
If your bored with games, stop playing them.

The idea is that they should be fun, in and of themselves, if you have to make an effort enjoy games, then your probably best off giving them a rest for a while...

After a break, you'll probably get a hankering for some button bashing, and you can come back refreshed and enjoy playing all the top titles that have been released while you were away :)
Sat 31/05/03 at 23:21
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
I've read a bit about SOS but found it virtually impossible to find a copy of it here. The videoshop and GAME don't stock it and Dixons only do Platinum games. No secondhand copies floating around either. Doesn't seem to be considered rackworthy here at all. I'd buy it online but the prices are a bit hefty with currency conversion and P&P.
Sat 31/05/03 at 23:17
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
SOS The Final Escape is probably the most innovative PS2 game I’ve played (it’s the first PS2 game I’ve got this year!). It’s not totally groundbreaking (boom boom), the graphics aren’t always that pleasing on the eye and the camera is occasionally erratic, but it’s an interesting title none the less, guiding Keith the hero around the earthquake-ravaged city.
Sat 31/05/03 at 23:12
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
Tiltawhirl wrote:

> He wants something original to play, I wouldn't call the expecting too
> much, probably is though if you own a PS2.

Originality doesn't seem to be too important these days in games, the world has gone sequel mad. The PS2 does seem to be the worst offender for sequels that are the same besides a new location, so in expecting too much asking for originality on PS2, well I'd have to agree with you Tiltawhirl, I probably am expecting too much to have a few more original games at the moment. Hopefully this will take a turn for the better sooner rather than later (or never).
Sat 31/05/03 at 14:16
"!Basement Clucking!"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Better games, Decent PC gamem ports, Xbox Live, Hard Drive,
> Customisable Sound tracks, Dolby Digital chip and a MUCH better DVD
> player. Thats what the Xbox does better than the PS2.

Most of that doesnt mean jack to gamers, and about the better games...if you say so

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.