GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What's the differance?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 31/05/03 at 22:58
Regular
Can someone PLEASE tell me what the differance is between an XBOX and a PC? Please tell me all the differances you can think of cause I can't think of any!

Same Games

Same Graphics (With the right card)

Same everything...
Sun 01/06/03 at 15:38
Regular
Tóm wrote:
> Yeah. This is also my last post etc. etc. and all that.
>
> http://www.tomthorpe.co.uk/console.jpg
>
> Problem. Solved.

Rofl.

(literally rolls on the floor laughing)
Sun 01/06/03 at 14:36
Regular
"He's back"
It's cheaper?
Sun 01/06/03 at 14:35
Regular
"Chris Morris"
After reading some of these posts my opinion of the XBOX is finally changing! Give me more! (Im actually thinking of BUYING one now!)
Sun 01/06/03 at 14:33
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
When it isn't. Its a games console mate. On a PC, games are a bonus - PC's weren't made to play games, its just something that grew over time. Games I've played on PC's always seem to crash at some point which gets bloody annoying and is the reason why I play games on games consoles.

Might as well call a PC a Microwave - they both have wires and run on electricity right ?

Just because they share some titles doesn't mean they're one and the same.
Sun 01/06/03 at 14:33
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
In terms of power the X-Box is almost as good as the PC, but apart from that I can't make any other significant comparisons.
Sun 01/06/03 at 14:27
Regular
"Chris Morris"
I'm not saying that the XBOX sucks, I'm saying that it's almost the same as a PC.
Sun 01/06/03 at 14:26
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Its got this many replies because you've basically slated the XBox in the XBox forum - not rocket science is it.

Trust me, I could go into the Ninty forum with a "GC Sucks" post and get 20 times the replies if I was stupid enough to do it. Could probably still manage a better tally by doing a post like that in this forum.

At the end of the day, if you're gonna rip into a console in its forum, you're gonna get replies. Only they don't tend to be very positive and if you plan on being here for awhile chatting, then these posts don't exactly do you any favours.
Sun 01/06/03 at 14:06
Regular
"Chris Morris"
Thank you Lou Role for ONE exellant differance. It would be great needing no system specifications and no install. (Someone already said that, I know)
Sun 01/06/03 at 14:00
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Well for me the main difference is that I don't need to bother looking at specifications for games, no need to update equipment and it's just basically a lot more simpler to use.
Sun 01/06/03 at 13:59
Regular
"Chris Morris"
It isn't entertaining but it is getting a hell of a lot of replys!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.