GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What's the differance?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 31/05/03 at 22:58
Regular
Can someone PLEASE tell me what the differance is between an XBOX and a PC? Please tell me all the differances you can think of cause I can't think of any!

Same Games

Same Graphics (With the right card)

Same everything...
Tue 03/06/03 at 22:32
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Sorry ÂLŠ†ÂÎR I was reffering to the Nintendo games. I realise there are always going to be exceptions, but on the whole I find the gamecube gamaes to be more cheerful.
Tue 03/06/03 at 22:30
Regular
Gamecube is always bright? Erm...

*Check collection*

Metroid Prime
Resident Evil
Eternal Darkness
Def Jam Vendetta
Star Wars Rogue Leader 2
Tue 03/06/03 at 22:27
"I love yo... lamp."
Xbox I find is better for exercise. Best weight training out there if you have to carry it around in a bag for 6 hours.
Tue 03/06/03 at 22:25
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
I think its probably too early to tell. The X-BOx hasn't got very many of the kind of games that I like, but I think it has the most potential of all the consoles.

The PS2 obviously has loads of choice of games because its been out longest, but you can notice the inferior graphics which although I know it shouldn't, does make a difference to me.

The Gamecube is very different from either of the others. The games are all very bright and well designed, but they don't cover all of the genres that I like.

I like owning them all as they each have something to offer, but if forced to pick I would probably have to go with the PS2, simply for the verity of games on offer for housing my favorite seris of all time Final Fanatsy, and for being the only console that I can use to exercise.
Tue 03/06/03 at 22:23
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Calm down girl I was joking around.
Tue 03/06/03 at 22:19
"I love yo... lamp."
So then. Pick a favourite.
Tue 03/06/03 at 22:01
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Yeah, I've got A PS2, a GC, an X-Box and a GBA, all of which I play on, I feel that entitles me to post in any of the corrisponding forums. I haven't changed my habits just because I became a notable.
Tue 03/06/03 at 21:29
Regular
Nah she's got an Xbox, I seem to remember for DOA : Beachball game.
Tue 03/06/03 at 20:47
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I think shes going through some "I have resposibility" phase where she feels she has to post in all the forums after winning the recent election. ;-)
Sun 01/06/03 at 20:36
Regular
I'll agree that the Xbox has a lot in common with the PC, probably the main reason I bought it was because I had computer style games but I hate playing with a mouse and keyboard (except for strategy games) and have a lacklustre system (which I can't be arsed to buy a controller for and upgrade). Thus, I can play games such as Deus Ex 2, Doom 3, Knights Of The Old Republic, Galaxies, Halo and many others without the niggles of playing them on a PC. Better control setup, no specification worries - see?

Of course, there are a fair few Xbox that AREN'T PC style, which is why I added in that 'multiplied by Dreamcast' comment. Jet Set Radio Future, racing games, platform games (even though the Xbox hasn't got a decent platformer and won't do for some time) and others won't be seen on PC. You're therefore getting PC style games, minus stregic ones but plus a fair few console ones (most of these, are developed by Sega and similar to those on Dreamcast).

Besides - do you word process, image edit, surf the internet, send e-mails, install games, are at risk from viruses or manage files and the like on your Xbox? Didn't think so. Personally, if I enjoyed PC gaming I would never have bought an Xbox - for I'd be content with a GameCube, PS2 and, of course, PC. But that's my opinion. It's a fact that there's more to the Xbox than it's PC likenesses, the reason I bought mine is irrelevant to this.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.