GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy Forum"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 26/10/01 at 14:42
Regular
The game forums are closing, so i am moving the popular FF forum here. No spamming, just 100% FF. Let's start with a question.... which of the FFs is the best?
Page:
Mon 30/05/05 at 22:49
"period drama"
I think mine broke ... it was easy for ages, and then all the other teams seemed to leap ahead of me and I got slaughtered every game.

Actually, I probably just didn't get it.
Never bothered to learn any of the special techniques through the practise thing or whatever - just used whatever the people came with. Probably didn't use the tactics thing properly either.

Ah well. I got the attack reels somehow, and that's all that matters.
3-3-3, dead
Mon 30/05/05 at 20:33
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> I didn't like Blitzball at all. The random element they added in just
> spoilt things, and always seemed to go against you. And the other
> teams always jumped ahead in levels only compared to Tidus, not
> anyone else on your team, so you were almost always the weaker side.

Eh? I always found it far too easy myself.
Mon 30/05/05 at 14:12
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> I didn't like Blitzball at all. The random element they added in just
> spoilt things, and always seemed to go against you. And the other
> teams always jumped ahead in levels only compared to Tidus, not
> anyone else on your team, so you were almost always the weaker side.

I hated the random bits at first but then i thought it made it more realistic as the best player isn't going to score every time. Sometimes he'll miss. It was more annoying at the start i feel as i didn't have my super powered team then when the random elements didn't matter as they owned. Once you got Nimrook it was pretty hard to lose
Mon 30/05/05 at 13:31
"period drama"
I didn't like Blitzball at all. The random element they added in just spoilt things, and always seemed to go against you. And the other teams always jumped ahead in levels only compared to Tidus, not anyone else on your team, so you were almost always the weaker side.

The sphere grid, however, was top quality.
The only thing I didn't like about it was that you had to delete some spheres and put new ones in to get the best stats, which was a bit annoying. But it still rocked.
Mon 30/05/05 at 13:22
Regular
"Bicycle"
Xzibit wrote:
> 2)Sphere Grid (Silly way to level up, i can't explain how angry this
> made me. You don't feel as if you have gained enough HP, MP, ect.)
>
> 3)No silly 'new' games like 'Bliztball'....That took the mick..IT was
> awful

What Kawada said - the Sphere Grid rocked, totally innovative and a nice touch. Also looked like you were accomplishing something...

Blitzball was a bit silly, granted, but was still fun at times, and you could win some pretty nice items. Think Chocobo racing. Very silly, but also very enjoyable.
Mon 30/05/05 at 12:37
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Xzibit wrote:
> 2)Sphere Grid (Silly way to level up, i can't explain how angry this
> made me. You don't feel as if you have gained enough HP, MP, ect.)
>
> 3)No silly 'new' games like 'Bliztball'....That took the mick..IT was
> awful

Heh, those were two of the very few things that brought FFX up from being pish awful to just poor for me.

> As for the backgrounds in
> Final Fantasy 7 and 8, they were truly gorgeous and hope they can be
> recreated with better graphics...
>
> If the game is created with better graphics, i don't know if it will
> have the same feel to it...It will feel odd i think, but as long as
> it is not changed in anyway at all it should be fine.

ermmmmm.....wha?
Mon 30/05/05 at 10:07
Regular
"lol"
Asher wrote:
> I think an update wouldn't be too cool because they'd be tempted to
> add all those weird close ups and emotions and stuff like in FF10 and
> it wouldn't have the same cute-cum-deadly charm.

I hope that if they make it, they realise people liked the style of old Final Fantasy games. If FF7 is remade i DO NOT WANT:

1) To battle with 'Aeons' (Aeons should be summoned to do damage and that's it)

2)Sphere Grid (Silly way to level up, i can't explain how angry this made me. You don't feel as if you have gained enough HP, MP, ect.)

3)No silly 'new' games like 'Bliztball'....That took the mick..IT was awful

Can't think of much more at the moment, but i'd like some better music...FFX-2 didn't boast much good classic music. I believe that the main person at Sqaure-Enix, creating FF music walked out after FFIX and thefore the music has noticably gone down slightly.

Final Fantasy 7 and 8 boast some of the most emotional music and it really does have an effect on the player. As for the backgrounds in Final Fantasy 7 and 8, they were truly gorgeous and hope they can be recreated with better graphics...

If the game is created with better graphics, i don't know if it will have the same feel to it...It will feel odd i think, but as long as it is not changed in anyway at all it should be fine.
Sun 29/05/05 at 21:43
Regular
I think an update wouldn't be too cool because they'd be tempted to add all those weird close ups and emotions and stuff like in FF10 and it wouldn't have the same cute-cum-deadly charm.
Sun 29/05/05 at 21:18
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Or me. I'd prefer the old graphics than any new 'photo-realistic' ones
Sun 29/05/05 at 21:12
"period drama"
They were ... but these days the cutscenes look dated, lifeless.
And in the day, the character models were still rubbish - yet the pre-rendered backdrops lovely. Because they're pre-rendered, so yeah.

Whatever, I was just saying.
A graphical re-haul would do nothing for me.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.