GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy Forum"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 26/10/01 at 14:42
Regular
The game forums are closing, so i am moving the popular FF forum here. No spamming, just 100% FF. Let's start with a question.... which of the FFs is the best?
Page:
Thu 12/05/05 at 20:16
Regular
Flock wrote:
> Anyone got a link to the preview and Snoop, i dont know whether you
> typed that or you pasted (I suspect the latter) but there is no way
> i'm reading it, it's too long and i hate spoilers.

Don't listen to him, Snoop. Thanks for sharing all the info.
Thu 12/05/05 at 20:12
Regular
"member of dogg poun"
Flock wrote:
> Anyone got a link to the preview and Snoop, i dont know whether you
> typed that or you pasted (I suspect the latter) but there is no way
> i'm reading it, it's too long and i hate spoilers.

I pasted some of it, but wrote the majority.
Thu 12/05/05 at 20:02
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Anyone got a link to the preview and Snoop, i dont know whether you typed that or you pasted (I suspect the latter) but there is no way i'm reading it, it's too long and i hate spoilers.
Thu 12/05/05 at 19:48
Regular
"member of dogg poun"
Del Rogeo wrote:
> Tell more...

They are truely stunning. The graphics are sooo good there is absolutely nothing wrong, no flaws or anything. I think because Final Fantasy 7 was such a landmark in the Final Fantasy series, that this FF: Advent Children is going to be another Square masterpiece. Seeing all the characters i remember from the game, moving and laughing brought a tear to my eye. It really is beautiful and the music is as good as ever.

I can't think of a stronger word than 'stunning' for this, as it really is something else. I think bringing out ALL Final Fantasy games on the PS3 wouldn't be a bad idea. I for one have missed out on the earlier games and i love each and everyone i play. The storyline has always been top-notch and it's no different in Advent Children.

For those who don't know this is the storyline:

Set two years after the events of Final Fantasy VII, Cloud now leads a solitary life traveling the Planet as a transporter. The office of Strife Delivery Service is located in 7th Heaven, which also functions as an orphanage for children stricken with Geostigma.

Three new enemies make an appearance in Advent Children. Kadaj, their leader, is in his teens, while Yazoo and Loz are known to be in their twenties. In them, Cloud sees shadows of FFVII’s fallen hero, Sephiroth. The three are after “Mother” and refer to Cloud as their “Brother”. Having obtained Jenova’s head, their purpose appears to be to start another Reunion. Vincent suspects that with Jenova’s cells, they may even be able to create another Sephiroth.

A non-contagious disease known as Geostigma is spreading across the Planet, with Kadaj claiming that it is due to Jenova’s cells working hard in the Lifestream. Children tend to show signs of Geostigma first, though adults are susceptible to the disease as well. Symptoms of Geostigma include mental weakness, pain and even death. Cloud is known to suffer from this disease though he hides his affected arm beneath his sleeve. He is heard coughing and clutching his arm in some parts of the trailers. Victims bandage affected regions and it was Cloud’s used bandage, which Marlene found in the Church, that gave away his condition.

According to the creators, the Church will feature prominently in the movie. Besides being the place Cloud calls home, it is also the stage for the fight between Tifa and Loz. Despite her valiant attempts, Tifa is ultimately defeated and Loz makes off with Marlene and the rest of the children. Cloud arrives late and brings the barely conscious Tifa back to 7th Heaven...

Sounds good.
Thu 12/05/05 at 19:03
Regular
"Bicycle"
Uh-oh.

(Advent Children will steal your soul.)
Thu 12/05/05 at 18:03
Regular
But, of course, it will.
Thu 12/05/05 at 18:03
Regular
It won't be amazing.

:-D
Thu 12/05/05 at 17:57
"period drama"
Watch the trailers, do.
Then come back and tell me Advent Children won't be amazing.
Thu 12/05/05 at 17:47
Regular
Tell more...
Thu 12/05/05 at 16:52
Regular
"member of dogg poun"
Having just seen another trailer for Final Fantasy : Advent Children, it looked absolutely fantastic, words cannot describe it. I think i seen Cid (the owner of the highwind) and another mysterious character... Aries.. And the church where Aries used to go...
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.