GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Grand Theft Auto 3: Shocking Stuff"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 26/10/01 at 02:21
Regular
Ok.
This is the game my PS2 was made for. However, it is massively violent, immoral and just plain wrong.
I am an adult and am clearly not affected by video-game violence, so it's ok for me to like this.

Reasons why GTA3 is good:

Variable weather.
During one mission, it rained, then got foggy, then got sunny again.
The rain effects are incredible and affect the handling of the cars/vans etc

Crashes
I crashed many time and ran away to crash again.
This is a good thing.

Police Cars
They go fast with sirens blazing, the other cars pull over and stop.
So I ran into them and stole more cars

Violence
I beat up several old people and stole their pensions.
Then I beat up some prostitutes and stole their money
Then I beat up more old people, because it was funny and they dont fight back too well
I beat up a police man, stole his shotgun and wandered about shooting old people.
I stole a gang-car and performed a drive-by on several pedestrians, then the police caught me.

-----

Ok, joking apart.
The level of mayhem and wanton violence in this game is shocking, the fact you can shoot old people and rob them, or shoot anyone and rob them?
Or run them down?
or set them on fire?

If I wasn't a responsible adult, and secure that people will play this and realise it's only a game, it'd be worrying.

Incredible graphics, gameplay like you wouldn't believe and it IS the best thing to grace the PS2 so far.
Without exception.
And because it is "only a game", it's amusing to rob, murder and carjack for entertainment.

And the voice acting?
Joe Pantiolano (The Matrix, Bound, The Goonies)
Robert Loggia (Scarface and many, many others)
Kyle Machlachlan (Twin Peaks, Blue Velvet etc)
And others.
This game rules, and I can't deny it made me glad I got a PS2.
Finally, a year after launch (almost), it is starting to show what it is capable of.

Expect The Daily Mail to start it's usual "Ban this sick filth" campaign in a day or two.

And I hope none of you under-18s are playing this, because that would be illegal.
Or something
Fri 02/11/01 at 16:38
Regular
"Death to the Infide"
PS. does anyone know how the hell you kill that journalist for the yakuza? ive tryed using the police boats guns but they are just too inaccurate with the waves, and dont do enough damage. please help a violent criminal who beats up old ladies for money to by a pistol to shoot the paramedics who try to save the old lady. thank you.
Thu 01/11/01 at 00:17
Regular
"Death to the Infide"
Lord Semajal wrote:
> edwin has it and hes 16.

does sound a bit too violent.

hello J A M E S. oh, wait a minute, we arent supposed to give personal info away are we?

Anyway you are just jealous, cause the ps2 finally has the best game ever.

And goatboy, before you wanna leave the first area, remeber you will become a target for the mafia next time you visit.

And these guys have cars, uzis and sunglasses. Be careful what you wish for....
Wed 31/10/01 at 23:41
Regular
Goatboy wrote:
> Man I suck at this game.
How the hell do you get off this island?
I've done
> the Louis missions, he's not there anymore.
Where can I get more from?
Phone
> boxes?
Other places?

Help!!!!

you poor thing
you have to do tony's missions, sal or something's and joey's (not all you decide who to work for)
you need to do about 30% of the game (check your stats)
eventually you will be needing a boat which means you can get to staunton island..then the wireless annouces that the bridge has been repaired and the subway is now open...
in other words you have to do loads

hmm did any of that make sense?
Wed 31/10/01 at 23:34
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
edwin has it and hes 16.

does sound a bit too violent.
Wed 31/10/01 at 22:32
Regular
"Death to the Infide"
No one answered my questions, so i had to find out myself!
Harumph. Not to say i didnt enjoy gunning people down, in old chinatown......

1) how do you do drive by
> shootings? lock on and handbrake are the same button!

Press l2 or r2 to change the viewpoint in the car, and then press o to fire in that direction. You must have a uzi for this to work.

2) where can i find
> prostitutes outside of missions?

Walking around with bathing suits and red coats on.
Stop your car next to them for a while. If they knock on the side of the car, you've pulled baby. wait a sec and they will get in. Drive to a back alley, put on some lovin music, and wait for the car to start a rockin'.
This will drain money but raise health. This method can even raise your health ABOVE 100%!

Anyone else with a cool thing to do in gta3 and instruction on how to do it?
Wed 31/10/01 at 21:30
Regular
"pies r good"
Go int grandtheftauto3.com and then you'll not only see how hugely massive the maps are but also how brilliant all the areas and buildings look. Absolute magic...

andirfcs....
Wed 31/10/01 at 19:52
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Quazimodo wrote:
> How big are the maps??

Stupidly huge.
Wed 31/10/01 at 19:10
Regular
"Death to the Infide"
Hey goaty, if you finished the lugi missions, follow the blue marker that leads to the ware house district, and do the car guys missions. If uve already done them and wanna a way out of the first island, just keep an eye on your pager, listen out for phonecalls and explore. Some tunnels may now be open for you to escape.

Two questions from me pls help!

1) how do you do drive by shootings? lock on and handbrake are the same button!

2) where can i find prostitutes outside of missions?
Wed 31/10/01 at 18:22
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
I heard that although GTA3 was a RockStars game, that is developed by DMA designs?

Which is cool for cats... they did create lemmings an all... it just means that I'll have the 'Blood Money' theme tune running through my head for the rest of the evening now!
Wed 31/10/01 at 12:39
yeh i cant belive Red Faction was an 18 why it isnt that violent Gta3 rules the game is cool and i recommend it to any one

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.