GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Grand Theft Auto 3: Shocking Stuff"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 26/10/01 at 02:21
Regular
Ok.
This is the game my PS2 was made for. However, it is massively violent, immoral and just plain wrong.
I am an adult and am clearly not affected by video-game violence, so it's ok for me to like this.

Reasons why GTA3 is good:

Variable weather.
During one mission, it rained, then got foggy, then got sunny again.
The rain effects are incredible and affect the handling of the cars/vans etc

Crashes
I crashed many time and ran away to crash again.
This is a good thing.

Police Cars
They go fast with sirens blazing, the other cars pull over and stop.
So I ran into them and stole more cars

Violence
I beat up several old people and stole their pensions.
Then I beat up some prostitutes and stole their money
Then I beat up more old people, because it was funny and they dont fight back too well
I beat up a police man, stole his shotgun and wandered about shooting old people.
I stole a gang-car and performed a drive-by on several pedestrians, then the police caught me.

-----

Ok, joking apart.
The level of mayhem and wanton violence in this game is shocking, the fact you can shoot old people and rob them, or shoot anyone and rob them?
Or run them down?
or set them on fire?

If I wasn't a responsible adult, and secure that people will play this and realise it's only a game, it'd be worrying.

Incredible graphics, gameplay like you wouldn't believe and it IS the best thing to grace the PS2 so far.
Without exception.
And because it is "only a game", it's amusing to rob, murder and carjack for entertainment.

And the voice acting?
Joe Pantiolano (The Matrix, Bound, The Goonies)
Robert Loggia (Scarface and many, many others)
Kyle Machlachlan (Twin Peaks, Blue Velvet etc)
And others.
This game rules, and I can't deny it made me glad I got a PS2.
Finally, a year after launch (almost), it is starting to show what it is capable of.

Expect The Daily Mail to start it's usual "Ban this sick filth" campaign in a day or two.

And I hope none of you under-18s are playing this, because that would be illegal.
Or something
Sun 06/06/10 at 17:38
Regular
You need to talk to my dad..

My dad made the court move me from my mother three years ago when I was 11. I was not allowed to talk a judge but my dad made then listen to me via the CAFCASS people. It can be done.

please ring my dad

Emma

01623 835148
Fri 28/05/10 at 01:28
Regular
i am a dad that my son has a been living with me for six months now and my son has spoken to a judge on the first hearing at court at placed with me for now but my son wishes to stay permantly with myself .my question is does my son have a right to speak in court as he wishes too to get the case finished as soon as possible because too much pressure is being placed on him by his mum ( ie sworn at shouted at called names having my self constantly run down and he doesnt like it ) it has got so bad now he told his mum and myself he wants no more contact at all with his mum .the problems he had when he was with his mum where food issues ,mum going out either passing him around or leaving him on his own ,over smacking kicking .constantly late to school .i have been representing myself at court and refuse to get in a t*t for tat argument at court i feel that the court should know what sort of person she is as recently i found she has been claiming benefits for him as if our son was living with herself even though a court order placed him in my care.the other main issue is she has not returned any of his belongings whatsoever.should i bring these up in court or could they harm my case,as i feel at some point i have to work with his mum and dont what to alienate her ,but she does accuse me of brainwashing him,neglect,and also says i dont care for him properly.if anyone could give me some advice i would be forever in your debt aswell as my son being given a fair chance to achieve a decent quality of life which i feel every child deserves.sorry i forgot to mention my child is 10 1/2 years old thankyou
Mon 05/11/01 at 23:40
Regular
"Death to the Infide"
WÚÛkiee M¯nßÜÄR wrote:
> Language Timothy!

Or in this case, Edwin.

Hey i'll say what i like you motherclucker.

Anyway, thanks for all the ACTUAL advice, and not all that whiney b'itching. I pulled off the journo mission, simply due to catching him off guard and getting about 5 good shots in. The fog didnt help.

If only we could kill real journalists and not get arrested.......

Anyway, has anyone played the 2 faced tanner mission? and played driver 2? hmm, same clothes, same name and a similar car. The boss even says 'hes useless outta his car'. What a cool mickey take. And anyway, i always did wanna waste that cocky baconite.
Mon 05/11/01 at 19:55
"High polygon count"
Language Timothy!

Or in this case, Edwin.
Mon 05/11/01 at 18:30
Regular
"Death to the Infide"
Sun 04/11/01 at 22:46
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I found the boat mission one of the easiest, you just follow the journalist firing your machine guns at him.
Sun 04/11/01 at 22:39
Regular
"um..."
Well This game sounds ace and i will certainly be buying it for my spanking lovely new ps2

But can i get a few things straight

1. I am not a violent person
2. I do not kill people in real life
3. I dont think video games warp the mind (only a complete tool would re-enact what they saw in a game)
Sun 04/11/01 at 22:30
Regular
You just have to follow the Boat for a long time and keep firing at it. It aint that hard.
Sun 04/11/01 at 21:53
GTA 3 Is a great game. Killing anyone you want, stealing cars, shooting people and many more. Great fun. getting a tank is klass and well... the whole game is classss!!!!!!!
Sun 04/11/01 at 21:27
Regular
"Death to the Infide"
Hmm. people seem to forget about new games pretty damn quick dont they? i mean GTA3 was released last a week and 2 days ago, and already people are forgetting it.

And will anyone, ever answer my question below?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.