GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Grix Thraves vs. Gamecube"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/10/01 at 20:50
Regular
Today I played a Gamecube. It was fun. Then I went home.

First thing that really hits you is the size of the controller. It's tiny. Really. Think of the PS2 controller. Now make it smaller. No, smaller again.

The thing is though your hand fits... well, my hand fits it superbly. The clicking L and R buttons, great yeah... the d pad is again tiny, and the bloody Z button is horrible. Should have been put more towards the middle. Or on the back.

Anywho, I played Wave Race, and that's all. Looks lovely, nice visuals... really realistic...

And that's about it. You can tell it's a first generation game, because it's all mouth and no trousers. Looks the stuff, but it's for realism freaks only. No real gameplay to it.

Saying that though, I only played single player, so that's just half the story. And everything being in Japanese may have had an effect too. Full colour, for those who said about it being in black and white on some tvs.

Not disappointed about anything with the actual console. Loads fit and fast, and the controller is great.

Waverace however, sucks. Sorry, but it does. Strafex can symphasise here when I say about it being too realistic and not tense enough... mind you, I've never liked racing games, pointless to me.

And that's about it. You've probably learnt nothing.
Thu 25/10/01 at 20:41
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> I read after playing it that Edge game it seven out of ten. Pretty crap, glad
> I'm not the only one who thinks so.

However, Turbo, I didn't say that so you
> could find another little hole to have a dig at Nintys with, I said it because
> it's the truth.

As I said, I can't stand racing games, and GT3 stands among
> my most crappiest games played in previous times. Make of that what you will.

See Turbonutter? He DOESN'T like racing games, you pleb! :D
Does that mean he won't like Luigi's Mansion or Super Monkey Ball? NO! Does that give you an excuse to start having a go, as Grix said, at us Ninties? NO!

Oh, and on the Japanese lauch sales note, it might of been 'quiet' at first, but news informs me that GameCube's sales actually ROSE after the launch, because Japansese punters became more aware of the spectactular machine's apperance after they had been put on the shelves.

SHOCKY - Getting a GameCube along with all three Japanese luanch titles (he hopes)
Thu 25/10/01 at 20:33
HAH!I started my half term last Friday!
Thu 25/10/01 at 20:32
"period drama"
oh, ok, just a little then.

anyway, not much of a chat today but i'm off anyway.

(dear god, i only just started half-term today)
Thu 25/10/01 at 20:30
I can be.
Thu 25/10/01 at 20:28
"period drama"
you? irretaing? never!

*oh, the sarcasm*
Thu 25/10/01 at 20:26
Yes,but then you have me asking questions and that can be irratating.
Thu 25/10/01 at 20:22
"period drama"
usually it's better if you don't
Thu 25/10/01 at 20:19
Ohhh.
Can't people keep it simple so that I can understand?
Thu 25/10/01 at 20:15
"period drama"
cheat codes
Thu 25/10/01 at 20:12
Codies?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.