GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Whats the wierdest film you've ever seen?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/10/01 at 20:34
Regular
Man there is a lotta crap out there today aint there.
Any of you people ever seen a film called Terror Firmer? What the hell was going on in that?
So, long answer short, you ever seen any wierd films that have no storyline or anything to do with anything?
Thu 25/10/01 at 12:14
At least Perfect Blue makes some sense!

Akira is brilliant, but its actually based on about 6 books, the first of which is thicker than a phone book, the whole series is thousands of pages long and makes limited sense. So what hope did the film have with being a badly edited version slotted neatly into a two hour slot, then poorly translated.

Its barely the same story! Still good though!
Thu 25/10/01 at 11:55
Regular
"say hello to parsle"
There's also a Manga film called Perfect Blue, that is SO wierd!
Thu 25/10/01 at 11:53
Regular
"say hello to parsle"
I'd say Akira.

Its probably so confusing because the book its based on is thicker than a phone book, so a lot of plot detail is missing!

Great film though!
Thu 25/10/01 at 11:37
Regular
"always swirling"
my little pony and the blossom queen
Thu 25/10/01 at 11:33
"Muriels Wedding" without a doubt!

What the *hell* was all that about?
Thu 25/10/01 at 10:31
Regular
"not dead"
The Rat thing reminds me of 'The Granton Star Cause' which was on channel 4 once. It's also one of the stories on The Acid House, but I haven't seen the rest of it.

Basically it's about Bob, (or Boab as it's said) Bob loses his place in the football team, his girlfriend, his job, and his parents want him out of his house. Then he meets God. God thinks he's scum, so God turns Bob into a fly.

Bob flies about for a bit, gets revenge on a few people by poisoning there food, then goes to see his parents.

He catches his father asking his mother to crap in his mouth, amongst other things, but she gets distracted by the fly....

Very odd, made me laugh.
Thu 25/10/01 at 10:28
Regular
"Wasting away"
Cube had no storyline, had one annoying ending, but the film weren't too bad. The way the characters react to the situation makes it every more tense then things already are and that cop, well he ain't very nice in the end is he? It was blantently obvious though that the first bloke was gonna get it, a sign of hope is always ruined by something in these films.
Thu 25/10/01 at 10:22
"High polygon count"
Alfred Einstein?! Was that Albert's brother? ;-)

Anyway, it'll be Cube for me.
Thu 25/10/01 at 00:10
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Some film whose name escapes me - Alfred Einstein meets Marilyn Monroe in a hotel room (film pretty much entirely set in this hotel suit as far as I remember). Anyway, they sort of fall for each other and Joe DiMaggio gets annoyed. Now that's weird.
Wed 24/10/01 at 22:41
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Easy. Eraserhead. A David Lynch film and it's even wierd by his standards which is really saying something.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.