GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is the PS2 worth it because of PS3 on its way?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/10/01 at 19:56
Regular
This is one of those things that makes me realy annoyed, because sony are already got plans for PS3. When millions of us out there have shelled out are life savings for this and they are already planning a new console do u no how it feels to have a new expensive console and say to your mates i have a PS2 and a year later they have a PS3 you then have the erge to buy one and nerglect your PS2. In my mind i think they should not make a new console but make upgrades for the PS2.

the fat one fosbe1
Sun 28/10/01 at 11:02
ticth wrote:
> I think it is worth it because i don't think that the ps3 will be coming out for
> about 1 year. and they are going to stop bring out ps1 games. You can play dvd
> as well.

what magazines have you been reading?
one year?
it comes out in 2005
Sun 28/10/01 at 11:05
Regular
""
The PS3 isn't gonna come out for ages.. Ninty made plans for the Gamecube 4 years ago... so just get a PS2 and then if your really desperate save to get the PS3... simple..

=B0p
Sun 28/10/01 at 11:06
by the time it comes out iwill be working! NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO
Sun 28/10/01 at 11:31
Er, PS3?
Sun 28/10/01 at 15:20
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Dont any of you no of the ps3 well do you actually read magasins? And the guy who said that they will be stop making games for ps1 in a year is bull because they have just released a small screen so you can play it in your car so it aint goin to stop especially as they sold over 2 milion in Japan you twit.

Fosbe
Sun 28/10/01 at 15:50
"period drama"
thay might as well have stopped making ps1 games.
there are only crap mario-cart clones are some 'quick, finish it we might just get some money' kind of games.
Sun 28/10/01 at 16:34
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
People are taking this way out of proportion!

The fact is that Sony announced, a month before the Japanese PS2 launch, that their technical department had started work on the PS3. They even had some rough specs at the ready... The console's processor will have 1000 times more switches on.

But this is not unexpected. The fact is that every company does it: Sega announced they were working on a new console just 1 month after the Japanese DC launch (although these plans have most likely been canned).

The reason Sony have done this is two fold:

1) After making the console, the technical staff at Sony have nothing to do! Literally! So either you make them redundant, thus leaving no people to work on the next console, or get them to start looking towards the future- even if that may be five years down the road.

2) It keeps investors happy! They all think that Sony is a really forward looking company, and that they will continue their domination of the market for many more years.

One final point is that Sony have copyrighted the name "PS3"... which makes you wonder!

Sonic
Sun 28/10/01 at 18:02
Regular
sony have copy righted all of the names upto PS6 aint they?
Sun 28/10/01 at 18:38
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
OrÜega wrote:
> sony have copy righted all of the names upto PS6 aint they?

That's probably a security measure.
Sun 28/10/01 at 20:30
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
OrÜega wrote:
> sony have copy righted all of the names upto PS6 aint they?

Not only that, but they have copyrighted all the logos as Trademarks (just imagine a PS2 logo, but with a 3,4,5 and 6 in the place of the 2).

Sad... very sad

Sonic

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.