GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is the PS2 worth it because of PS3 on its way?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/10/01 at 19:56
Regular
This is one of those things that makes me realy annoyed, because sony are already got plans for PS3. When millions of us out there have shelled out are life savings for this and they are already planning a new console do u no how it feels to have a new expensive console and say to your mates i have a PS2 and a year later they have a PS3 you then have the erge to buy one and nerglect your PS2. In my mind i think they should not make a new console but make upgrades for the PS2.

the fat one fosbe1
Thu 25/10/01 at 12:51
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
PS3 is a better idea than upgrading machines, because if they upgraded the PS1, all the original people wouldnt have been able to play the latest kit. Also, it would still be a 32 bit machine. Consoles are not like PCs, you dont have to get specific setups for different games, they are plug in and play, and that's one of the appeals.

A console is a tricky thing to make, and upgrading it is like getting a Yaris in GT3 and modifying it to bits, it still wont beat a Supra. It's better to have the top spec right from the start.
Thu 25/10/01 at 17:33
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Upgradable consoles is also a fasle economy - you think it'll be cheaper but nope. For a start the original console needs the expension port in it to handle the upgrade later. These cost money so the price of the original console is bumped up. Secondly, the additional units would have to be substatial bits of kit. These would represent most of the costs of the new console anyway, so you are still footing the majority of the bill.

All that neglects the fact that there's less flexibility and it leads to games needing patches? Why? Okay then, patches pretty much only exist because developers can't possibly code for the infinate number of PC set-ups there is. A huge part of the "testing period" is actually in the v1.0 release. They then take customer and industrial feedback from the manufacturers and adapt their game thus. If different set ups are available for consoles this is an inevitable conslusion.
Thu 25/10/01 at 18:51
Great Saiyaman wrote:
> Haven't we been through this before?
Oh, well, never mind!

Iv talked about it befor.
Thu 25/10/01 at 20:52
Regular
"ProGolfer"
People i have been reading your things and they are good but i have come to the conclusion that consoles arent about who has the best one it is about gaming and enjoyment. i now think all the discussions about which is the best consoles are a load of rubbish it is about gaming!
do u think so?
Thu 25/10/01 at 21:27
Well why wait for the PS 3 and wait for the PS 4, infact what about the PS 5, you cant approach it in such a way, like PCs you have to bite the bullet.
Fri 26/10/01 at 20:19
Its the same with lost of products.
TV's are going to get better and better. So are DVD players, PC's, Hi-Fi's, Cars, Mobile Phones and pretty much every electrical product that costs a decent amount of money.
Sat 27/10/01 at 12:02
yeh the PS2 is worth it just look how much interest GTA3 has made but why waste £40 because GTA4 will be out next year...now that is a good way to put it
just get it now and never look back i havent
Sat 27/10/01 at 12:08
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
The PS2 is still worth getting even though the PS3's on its way because this year especially we're going to see great games hit Sony's console and another thing, I hate waiting!
Sat 27/10/01 at 22:04
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Well you might be right? I do not no I still haven't decided. anyway this is fosbe logging off for the night.
Sun 28/10/01 at 11:01
I think it is worth it because i don't think that the ps3 will be coming out for about 1 year. and they are going to stop bring out ps1 games. You can play dvd as well.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.