GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is the PS2 worth it because of PS3 on its way?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/10/01 at 19:56
Regular
This is one of those things that makes me realy annoyed, because sony are already got plans for PS3. When millions of us out there have shelled out are life savings for this and they are already planning a new console do u no how it feels to have a new expensive console and say to your mates i have a PS2 and a year later they have a PS3 you then have the erge to buy one and nerglect your PS2. In my mind i think they should not make a new console but make upgrades for the PS2.

the fat one fosbe1
Wed 24/10/01 at 19:56
Regular
"ProGolfer"
This is one of those things that makes me realy annoyed, because sony are already got plans for PS3. When millions of us out there have shelled out are life savings for this and they are already planning a new console do u no how it feels to have a new expensive console and say to your mates i have a PS2 and a year later they have a PS3 you then have the erge to buy one and nerglect your PS2. In my mind i think they should not make a new console but make upgrades for the PS2.

the fat one fosbe1
Wed 24/10/01 at 19:59
"period drama"
if you want to wait 3-5 years. then don't buy one.

or buy a gamecube.

BUT. do not, under any circumstances but an X-box.
(BOO! microsoft)

the ps2 hard-drive is coming soon (in historical terms)
Wed 24/10/01 at 20:01
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Yeah, of course they're planning it, but they're unlikely to release it or any info about it until 2007.
Wed 24/10/01 at 20:02
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Sony maybe Planning the PS3, but it won't be out next year.... or the year after ... 2006 maybe, but sony arn't stupid, they wouldn't release a new machine that quickly. Your safe.
Wed 24/10/01 at 20:06
Regular
"Back For Good"
Mircosoft are already planning the xbox2 but if you wait for that then xbox3 will be on the way and so on, PS2 hasn't been out for a year yet and at £200 it's superb ;-)

PS3 won't be out till at least 2005 :-)
Wed 24/10/01 at 20:09
Regular
"round the outside"
even if this was to happen (ehich it deffinatly wont)the ps2 hard drive will be capable of downloadin stuff 2 make it just as powerfull
Wed 24/10/01 at 20:09
Haven't we been through this before?
Oh, well, never mind!
Thu 25/10/01 at 09:06
I have said this a few times but I will mention it again. If you do not want to pay top money for a console, buy a cheap one and get a new one later. There is plenty of time to play them all. I have bought a Dreamcast for a very cheap amount with some games... No, I am starting a new topic on this one, once and for all !
Thu 25/10/01 at 09:13
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
The PS2 was in development within a year of the PS1 being launched, and that diddnt stop the public!

You would have thought they were working on PS3! You cannot expect the next uber-console to be cobbled together at the last minute, look at the DC. The PS2 is the shelf console for Sony for at least 3-4 years, (confirmed by the mags), and in this time they can work on the PS3.

I bet that if you wait for the PS3, then see it's £300 again and think "Oh, I'll wait until it's £200", and by then you hear about PS4, would you wait again? At that rate you'll never own a machine.
Thu 25/10/01 at 10:34
Regular
"Back in black"
LOL- PS3. now there having a laugh, that is the worst sounding one yet, but at last it original:D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.