GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is the PS2 worth it because of PS3 on its way?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/10/01 at 19:56
Regular
This is one of those things that makes me realy annoyed, because sony are already got plans for PS3. When millions of us out there have shelled out are life savings for this and they are already planning a new console do u no how it feels to have a new expensive console and say to your mates i have a PS2 and a year later they have a PS3 you then have the erge to buy one and nerglect your PS2. In my mind i think they should not make a new console but make upgrades for the PS2.

the fat one fosbe1
Sun 04/11/01 at 18:52
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Turbonutter wrote:
> Sonic, Sony never were going to call it the PS2, but because of that very same
> frnzy whipped up about the alleged PlayStation 2, Sony had little choice but to
> go with it.

On the contrary, after the announcement, mags kept asking Sony what the console was to be called. They said that the console must have "Playstation" in the title, but they were still working on it, and had been for a few months!

From Sony's mouth... not mine!

Sonic
Sun 04/11/01 at 16:22
The people player wrote:
> When people buy a ps2 and some games such as dead or alive they think they can't
> do any more better this this could be true but I brought a dreamcast last year
> it was rubbish I wasted £300 on that machine it was't a invest at all so I
> wait to get the playstation2 and man I spend hours playing it was really good
> but when it come You think a Playstation 3 Why the hell did I buy a playstation
> 2 when something better is being made you just get mad and madder until you try
> to smash youer conlse like I did to my dreamcast

> From the people player

i hnow where you are comin from i did the exact same
Sat 03/11/01 at 01:54
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Sonic, Sony never were going to call it the PS2, but because of that very same frnzy whipped up about the alleged PlayStation 2, Sony had little choice but to go with it.
Fri 02/11/01 at 21:20
When people buy a ps2 and some games such as dead or alive they think they can't do any more better this this could be true but I brought a dreamcast last year it was rubbish I wasted £300 on that machine it was't a invest at all so I wait to get the playstation2 and man I spend hours playing it was really good but when it come You think a Playstation 3 Why the hell did I buy a playstation 2 when something better is being made you just get mad and madder until you try to smash youer conlse like I did to my dreamcast

From the people player
Thu 01/11/01 at 19:09
Regular
"ProGolfer"
SonicRav wrote:
> What I find most amusing about Sony is this little tale:

A few months before
> the successor to the PSX was shown to the world, hype was everywhere. All over
> the place in mags, on web sites, and even on TV people were talking about the
> next PSX, or the "Playstation 2" as some people called it.

Sony
> were outraged by this! The fact that people were calling the next console the
> Playstation 2 when it wouldn't be called that would create hype amoungst people
> who may then look towards buying a Playstation 2- which wouldn;t exist!

So,
> Sont demanded that the press stop using the name Playstation 2, and call the
> console the Next-generation Playstation (NGPS)... saying only that the console
> will definately have the word "Playstation" in its name, and had been
> working for months to decide on a final name.

So, after
> all that trouble, what did the genii (or is it geniuses?) at Sony come up
> with?

Sonic

Sonic thats original!!
Mon 29/10/01 at 12:01
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
What I find most amusing about Sony is this little tale:

A few months before the successor to the PSX was shown to the world, hype was everywhere. All over the place in mags, on web sites, and even on TV people were talking about the next PSX, or the "Playstation 2" as some people called it.

Sony were outraged by this! The fact that people were calling the next console the Playstation 2 when it wouldn't be called that would create hype amoungst people who may then look towards buying a Playstation 2- which wouldn;t exist!

So, Sont demanded that the press stop using the name Playstation 2, and call the console the Next-generation Playstation (NGPS)... saying only that the console will definately have the word "Playstation" in its name, and had been working for months to decide on a final name.

So, after all that trouble, what did the genii (or is it geniuses?) at Sony come up with?

Sonic
Mon 29/10/01 at 01:38
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Don't forget, these name were registered absolutely ages ago.
Sun 28/10/01 at 20:32
"period drama"
who would steal the idea ps3 or whatever.
it would just muck things up.
Sun 28/10/01 at 20:30
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
OrÜega wrote:
> sony have copy righted all of the names upto PS6 aint they?

Not only that, but they have copyrighted all the logos as Trademarks (just imagine a PS2 logo, but with a 3,4,5 and 6 in the place of the 2).

Sad... very sad

Sonic
Sun 28/10/01 at 18:38
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
OrÜega wrote:
> sony have copy righted all of the names upto PS6 aint they?

That's probably a security measure.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.