GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GAME CUBE= CRAP?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 09/06/03 at 11:27
Regular
Gamecube just doesn't provide people with enough of what they want.

People are going away from stuff like Mario now. The market has moved on, and people are now "getting used" to games like GTA-VC, The Getaway, even Quake3 and Halo. This is what many people look for now.

Both the other consoles have DVD (bigger games, and can pay DVD movies). People do want this on a console. It's handy for playing movies, since not everyone has a standalone dvd player, and even in homes with such a machine, the games console may often be kept in a different room, so the dvd capability is still useful. Even if dvd is not for you, since it's so popular, whenever there is a review of consoles, they will always say the Gamecube is not so good because "it aint got DVD".

The Gamecube is some what limited in terms of upgrades. It's 2 high speed serial sockets can't compare with the internal expansion bay of the PS2, or the USB, or FireWire. And Xbox even has a hard disc and broadband already in there.

Nintendo has the wrong image. The appearance of the unit generally is "toy like", and appears to have been designed with younger kids as the target audience.

If indeed Nintendo are/were trying to make the GC appeal to the younger audience, then they got that wrong. Everyone knows by now, that it's the older ones who are more likely to spend the money on products such as this.
Mon 09/06/03 at 21:45
Regular
You can only laugh at the things some say about the GameCube. It's pitiful. They're obviously trying to justify their purchase of whatever console they own, if they feel the need to throw stupid comments such as these. Jealousy? I think so.
Mon 09/06/03 at 21:42
"The Will of D."
No way are Nintendo giving up, they've survived for over 2 decades now and they are still going strong, even with the money off the GBA and Sp they are doing quite well, well enough to make new consoles and better upgrades of technology.
Mon 09/06/03 at 21:38
Regular
Updated wrote:
> It's not like Sony was the first.

You're right. The Palystation was originally meant to be an add-on for the SNES.
Mon 09/06/03 at 20:13
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Syphonical wrote:
> matt9 wrote:
> Gamecube is crap! my friend at skool always has arguments over what
> is
> better PS2 or Gamecube? Maybe Gamecube has Mario Sunshine But even
> dat
> is rubbish!
>
> let's send him to Spascatraz, he shant escape again!

Matt 9?
I agree, cube's rock!
Mon 09/06/03 at 20:11
Regular
"Grammatical Watchdo"
matt9 wrote:
> Gamecube is crap! my friend at skool always has arguments over what is
> better PS2 or Gamecube? Maybe Gamecube has Mario Sunshine But even dat
> is rubbish!

let's send him to Spascatraz, he shant escape again!
Mon 09/06/03 at 19:35
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Single n Sexy...

Lol
Mon 09/06/03 at 19:29
Regular
"slick"
TGMbloke wrote:
> Oh - and did CUBE really put that? I don't read it, but im guessing a
> GC mag didnt say the GC was crap!
The mag didn't actually say "the gc is crap"! but it was saying how no one wants to buy it, is ps2 better etc. It is basically sayin it suxs
Mon 09/06/03 at 18:29
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
w00tz
Mon 09/06/03 at 18:13
Regular
"8==="
Memorandum wrote:
> YeAH gAyCOoBe iZ gAy anD iTZ 4 BaBIeZ

*sniggers*

DAT IZ SO TRU. UR D GOD OF SR
Mon 09/06/03 at 18:11
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
YeAH gAyCOoBe iZ gAy anD iTZ 4 BaBIeZ

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.