GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Yey! I got my CPU....I mean Xbox today...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 09/06/03 at 16:09
Regular
Cancelled my online order and decided to treck down to the shops and get one, I hate waiting.

So far I'm not at all impressed.....with the weight, only took me about 5 minutes to get home, in that short space of time I had to keep swapping arms that I was carrying the bag in because they were aching so much. Thank god the shops are only a few minutes from my house, i'd have had to get a taxi otherwise. What really made me laugh was the girl behind the till put the console in a bag and as she was passing it to me, the handles broke.

Anyway I got Halo (of course) MGS2: Substance and Jet Set Radio Future. So far from what i've played of Halo it's gonna be a bloody brilliant game, excellent mass battle type things and most of the guns rock my socks. ONe thing I don't like is the bit on the 2nd level where you have to drive the Warthog, those things handle terribly, i just wanted to get out and shoot stuff normally. Small gripe though because the rest of the stuff i've done rocked.

JSR: future from what i've played is gonna be just as good as the 1st game if not better, not particuarly enthralled by the new graffiti method or the lamp post climbing but i'll get used to it.

Haven't bothered with MGS2 yet.

So far so good then, first product i've ever owned from Microsoft that i've been completly satisfied with.
Tue 10/06/03 at 00:00
Regular
Yes, that would really neutralise the problem of repetition in the game...
Tue 10/06/03 at 00:01
Regular
All said and done I share the same opinion as Mav. I prefer MGS2 to Splinter Cell because the story in MGS2 is so damn good. Ok there are too many cut scenes but I manage to over look this and I find the game highly enjoyable. Splinter Cell was definitley hardcore stealth. However MGS2 manages to reach a nice medium between fun stealth and hardcore stealth. I enjoy playing both but MGS2 is better in my opinion.
Tue 10/06/03 at 01:01
Regular
Changed my mind again, i'm back loving the game.

The 3rd level is still very dull in my opinion but the ohter levels are much more fun, starting to get used ot the warthog controls now so that's not frustrating anymore. Finished Silent Cartographer, that level was okay not sure why people rave about it though, thought the 2nd level was much better.

I'm on the snowy level now which is nice. Tell me, on silent cartographer is there anyway of getting your troops to follow you or do they always stand next to the warthog like complete retards?

Still good game, not really getting where people are coming from when they say it's the best game ever....but anyway, nevermind.
Tue 10/06/03 at 01:03
Regular
Play it in Dolby Digital on a widescreen TV and you will know why ;)

Its in my top 3 games of all time without a doubt. I absolutley love the game :)
Tue 10/06/03 at 01:06
Regular
Can't see that funky sound and widescreen are gonna make any difference to the game play in the slightest. I'm still really enjoying it, just can't really see why it's been hyped up quite so much.

Then again, games that are hyped up so much are always doomed to dissapoint.
Tue 10/06/03 at 01:12
Regular
Have you done the bit in the alien ship yet? Another level of walking through the single cut and pasted corridor :(

It's a shame because later with the 343 Guilty Spark level, it starts out really cool in the jungle and stuff, but it turns out to be about 5 minutes long and then you start the library level...

And the one where you go back to the Autumn sucks as well, trudging through the under ground area and then back through the old repeated corridors and locked doors of the ship, which is basically the first level backwards.
Tue 10/06/03 at 07:27
Regular
"8==="
Please people, stop nitpicking. Halo is a good game. Every game has a fault or two. No game is perfect.
Tue 10/06/03 at 07:29
Regular
"8==="
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> There should be some sort of endurance level for the hardcore
> players.
>
>
> A never ending library players where you just continuously loop the
> level.
>
>
> After going through 50 times you get a Warthog, and if you manage 100
> you get a Scorpion.
>
> Rock.

Or just play space invaders........
Tue 10/06/03 at 08:14
Regular
I would call having some levels made entirely out of two rooms and one corridor copyed and pasted a pretty major flaw, it certainly isn't nit-picking.
Tue 10/06/03 at 09:43
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Ok, what games do you like?
I'm always interested to see what games those that whine like.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.