GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Yey! I got my CPU....I mean Xbox today...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 09/06/03 at 16:09
Regular
Cancelled my online order and decided to treck down to the shops and get one, I hate waiting.

So far I'm not at all impressed.....with the weight, only took me about 5 minutes to get home, in that short space of time I had to keep swapping arms that I was carrying the bag in because they were aching so much. Thank god the shops are only a few minutes from my house, i'd have had to get a taxi otherwise. What really made me laugh was the girl behind the till put the console in a bag and as she was passing it to me, the handles broke.

Anyway I got Halo (of course) MGS2: Substance and Jet Set Radio Future. So far from what i've played of Halo it's gonna be a bloody brilliant game, excellent mass battle type things and most of the guns rock my socks. ONe thing I don't like is the bit on the 2nd level where you have to drive the Warthog, those things handle terribly, i just wanted to get out and shoot stuff normally. Small gripe though because the rest of the stuff i've done rocked.

JSR: future from what i've played is gonna be just as good as the 1st game if not better, not particuarly enthralled by the new graffiti method or the lamp post climbing but i'll get used to it.

Haven't bothered with MGS2 yet.

So far so good then, first product i've ever owned from Microsoft that i've been completly satisfied with.
Mon 09/06/03 at 18:13
Regular
Being funny is a requirement of wit.
Mon 09/06/03 at 18:19
"I love yo... lamp."
And there was me thinking that the Rainbow Six game might have been related to the Tom Clancy book. And SSN the game might have been related to the book... Maybe he should sue then?
Mon 09/06/03 at 18:19
"I love yo... lamp."
Try and swap MGS2 for PGR. So much more fun.
Mon 09/06/03 at 18:24
Regular
What's your point?

Thief was around before, and Splinter Cell is the first to use the shadow bar. Rainbow Six did not use hiding in shadows.
Mon 09/06/03 at 20:37
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
In responce to earlier comments, the handles on my bag broke too, though thankfully only when I was putting the xbox in the car. :P

Tilt, if one of your mates has an Xbox, get system link cable. You can then indulge in 8 player Halo which is one of the best multiplayer console games ever. Yes, its Goldeneye quality.
Mon 09/06/03 at 23:03
Regular
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

After extensive play on Halo I'm starting to grow tired of it already, it started off okay, the first level was okaysih then the 2nd level I loved every minute of. The 3rd fell flat on its face when I realised the whole bloody thing just repeated itself over and over, Bungie really need to work on their inside levels, boring and repetetive are 2 words i'd use.

Just started the 4th level 'Silent Cartographer' the one you lot rave about and I just lost the will to go on. I'm not saying I hate the game but it's just so damn repetetive. All the enemies are the same or very similiar and every level is a case of run along and hold fire down. It's fun for a few levels but when it dawned on me that the whole game was gonna be like this I just couldn't be bothered to continue.

I'm not saying this is my final opinion on the game, I will carry on playing and I just hope it gets better.

Oh and please don't try to argue with me, this is just my opinion at the moment and no amount of stamping feet and shouting is gonna change it.
Mon 09/06/03 at 23:15
Regular
Indeed.

It was enjoyable, but after I'd completed it I started again on Legendary, and I was bored of it very quickly.
Mon 09/06/03 at 23:44
Regular
TGMbloke wrote:
> Splinter Cell is better mainly gor its greater sence of freedom and
> better camera angles. And the gadgets.

Splinter Cell is much more linear than Metal Gear Solid 2. I greatly prefer Kojima's klassic. Hoho.
Mon 09/06/03 at 23:49
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Haha. You think it's boring now?

Wait until you get to the library level!
Mon 09/06/03 at 23:53
Regular
There should be some sort of endurance level for the hardcore players.

A never ending library players where you just continuously loop the level.

After going through 50 times you get a Warthog, and if you manage 100 you get a Scorpion.

Rock.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.