GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamecube or PS2? What Do u Think?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 09/06/03 at 19:23
Regular
I think that PS2 rules above all over games consoles. Me, being a video game addict, know all the reviews, ratings, and ups or downs of consoles. How could you say no to a PS2 with games such as Enter The Matrix, Splinter Cell, and many more breathtaking games out there? And with its high Quality, life like Graphics it is a big bonus. One argument for gamecube was its Differentiation of having the famous Mario 'plumber man' hitting the screens of all Gamecube owners. Now to be frank with you, Mario is alright, i particulary enjoy mario on N64, but Mario Sunshine isnt really anything to be extra pleased about owning. Weapons wise Mario Sunshine goea about as far as a waterblaster. Whereas take for example splinter cell - as far as weapons are this game has everything, all the stereotypes of different weaponry as well as a few gadgets thrown in for the fun of it. PS2 is a must buy for anyone who appreciates a brilliant console, if you dont - go buy rubbish gamecube and sit playing never knowing that there will always be something better...
Tue 10/06/03 at 10:18
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Hedfix wrote:
> In summary: Metal rips Matt9's argument to shreds then puts it back
> together just so he can rip it to shreds again.

... is that a good thing?? :)

what a i meant was that people are entitled to their opinions of consoles, bt they should be prepared to have glaring flaws in them exposed...
at least, i THINK that's what i meant :)
Tue 10/06/03 at 10:14
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Field Marshall: "I'm going to break you, then re-make you!"
Tue 10/06/03 at 10:09
Regular
"8==="
Very_Metal wrote:
> should just point out that my last post (as with 99% of my posts) WAS
> meant entirely light heartedly, i stand by my points but it was all
> meant in good fun :)

Chat is a bloodsport though! :)
Tue 10/06/03 at 10:07
Regular
"8==="
In summary: Metal rips Matt9's argument to shreds then puts it back together just so he can rip it to shreds again.
Tue 10/06/03 at 10:06
Regular
"you've got a beard"
should just point out that my last post (as with 99% of my posts) WAS meant entirely light heartedly, i stand by my points but it was all meant in good fun :)
Tue 10/06/03 at 10:02
Regular
"you've got a beard"
matt9 wrote:
> I think that PS2 rules above all over games consoles.

i should've stopped reading here.
but i'm driven ever on by a morbid curiosity :)

> Me, being a video game addict,

have you ever thought of selling your story to the Daily Mail?
they like headlines like that....

> know all the reviews, ratings, and ups or downs of consoles.

in other words, you've read what "official **insert console here** magazine" has to say on the matter.

> How could you say no to a PS2 with games such as Enter The
> Matrix, Splinter Cell,

ok, are you watching?? check this out:
"Splinter Cell is gash, it's disgracefully linear"
there! it's easy! c'mon, say it with me.... ;)

> And with its high Quality, life like Graphics it is a big bonus.

oh dear god.
when will fanboys stop using "da gr@pHix are wicked c00l" type reasoning in their "my console is bestest" threads?

all modern machines have huge graphics capability, but it's the artists and developers who decide how they look. Unless you're implying that should you put "the wind waker" into a PS2 (and by a miracle, it was compatible) the cell shading would be denounced and the PS2 would convert the whole game to it's own brand of high quality, life like graphics?
no. exactly. no more than if you were to crowbar a copy of Gran Turismo into a GC would the cube turn into Mario Kart.

> One argument for gamecube was its Differentiation of having the famous
> Mario 'plumber man' hitting the screens of all Gamecube owners.

ok, i honestly didn't get that...
did yo mean it's good that nintendo didn't rely on a release title featuring their main mascot?
y'know, like when you buy an album and track 1 is the single everyone knows...

> Mario Sunshine isnt really anything to be extra pleased about
> owning.

... hmm, i must say i agree with you there, it didn't do much for me either.

> Weapons wise Mario Sunshine goea about as far as a waterblaster.

worst.
arguement.
EVER!!

the water feature was an integral part of the game dynamic!!!!
what's the difference between shooting water or bullets in games, except that parents will probably be happier leaving their kids doing the first one?
i think Mario Sunshine should have an expansion pack where he rides Yoshi around the Jet Set Radio levels, cleaning off all the graffiti there :)
it's could be multiplayer online, a team of taggers and a team of cleaners :)

> Whereas take for example splinter cell - as far as
> weapons are this game has everything,

personalised laser backpacks, like in ghostbusters?
no, because that would be stupid in a "sneak and stealth" game. again, is this down to the console or the developers?
did they include/exclude other weapons that your PS2 decided should/should not make it into the game?

> PS2 is a must buy for anyone who appreciates a brilliant console,

... and doesn't mind paying extortionate prices for a memory card :)

PS2 is a vast market which is why it gets so many games, enough owners will buy them to make them viable. the PS2 is a pain to program for because of it's architecture and i question whether it would have such developer support if it's potential audience were not so huge.
that said though, i'm glad it has survived and done well because it DOES have the power to produce some amazing games, but then, so do all the other consoles....

> if you dont - go buy rubbish gamecube and sit playing never knowing that > there will always be something better...

surely if people never knew there was something better then it wouldn't bother them?

"compare your *arguements* to mine and then kill yourself" :)
Tue 10/06/03 at 09:31
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
In most cases the Xbox has the best multiformat conversions, and some brilliant exclusive games, whereas the Gamecube has brilliant exclusives also. I don't want a PS2 even with the continuing price wars between the online sites, because it has nothing I want or cannot get similar of on the two consoles I own.
Tue 10/06/03 at 08:34
Regular
"8==="
For definition of 'useless' see what the pontest has become.

:P
Tue 10/06/03 at 08:25
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
Well, he has a right to argue his opinion, because in the end of it, there's no answer to this, it's all opinion, which really makes topics like this useless...
Tue 10/06/03 at 08:23
Regular
This man argues like a genius.

The PS2 is the best because of it's breathtaking games like Splinter Cell and Enter The Matrix.

Even though Enter The Matrix has better graphics on the Gamecube and Splinter Cell has more levels and exclusive weapons, as well as far better graphics.

What a knob.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.