GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamecube or PS2? What Do u Think?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 09/06/03 at 19:23
Regular
I think that PS2 rules above all over games consoles. Me, being a video game addict, know all the reviews, ratings, and ups or downs of consoles. How could you say no to a PS2 with games such as Enter The Matrix, Splinter Cell, and many more breathtaking games out there? And with its high Quality, life like Graphics it is a big bonus. One argument for gamecube was its Differentiation of having the famous Mario 'plumber man' hitting the screens of all Gamecube owners. Now to be frank with you, Mario is alright, i particulary enjoy mario on N64, but Mario Sunshine isnt really anything to be extra pleased about owning. Weapons wise Mario Sunshine goea about as far as a waterblaster. Whereas take for example splinter cell - as far as weapons are this game has everything, all the stereotypes of different weaponry as well as a few gadgets thrown in for the fun of it. PS2 is a must buy for anyone who appreciates a brilliant console, if you dont - go buy rubbish gamecube and sit playing never knowing that there will always be something better...
Tue 10/06/03 at 12:05
Regular
"8==="
*Bashes Totoro over the head with a bone*
Tue 10/06/03 at 12:01
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Drunk Cow wrote:
> Why is it that everyone hates console war topics but they all end up
> getting ten billion replies....

The funny thing with console war topics is they're funny. If you look at when Top Score posts some inane drivel about Nintendo losing money or the continual dominance of the PS2, although they're crap topics, they're fun to read through. People get all angry and red-faced at their PC screens when it doesn't really matter that much...then they do it all over again in a few days time in a similar topic.

I think console war topics bring out the tribal nature of human beings, but instead of resorting to bashing each other with bones and sticks, they type witty put-downs and clever responses on computers instead.
Tue 10/06/03 at 11:56
Regular
"Ah the mystic porta"
ive got a feeling that matt9 either works for playstation or got fired from nintendo's GC department
Tue 10/06/03 at 11:37
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
Why is it that everyone hates console war topics but they all end up getting ten billion replies....

Is this your doing baby Jesus???
Tue 10/06/03 at 10:57
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Hedfix wrote:
> Splinter Cell and Matrix reasons to BUY a ps2?
>
> *plucks out his eyes so as not to see the stupidity any longer*

*lol*
nothing quite like going to extremes huh? :)
Tue 10/06/03 at 10:29
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Very_Metal wrote:
> Unbeliever wrote:
>
> Ignorant fools shouldn't even be qualified to have an opinion.
> Harsh,
> but fair.
>
> but then what would keep us chuckling all day when we're supposed to
> be working? ;)

That's true. Even though I'm busier than a Japanese P.O.W. (but a happy one [Alan Partridge quote]) I can't resist the allure of the forums.
Tue 10/06/03 at 10:26
Regular
"8==="
Splinter Cell and Matrix reasons to BUY a ps2?

*plucks out his eyes so as not to see the stupidity any longer*
Tue 10/06/03 at 10:24
Regular
"8==="
It was a joke. But I was making a point. His argument WAS paper thin.
Tue 10/06/03 at 10:23
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Unbeliever wrote:

> Ignorant fools shouldn't even be qualified to have an opinion. Harsh,
> but fair.

but then what would keep us chuckling all day when we're supposed to be working? ;)
Tue 10/06/03 at 10:20
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Not if their opinions are patently wrong!

Ignorant fools shouldn't even be qualified to have an opinion. Harsh, but fair.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.