GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamecube or PS2? What Do u Think?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 09/06/03 at 19:23
Regular
I think that PS2 rules above all over games consoles. Me, being a video game addict, know all the reviews, ratings, and ups or downs of consoles. How could you say no to a PS2 with games such as Enter The Matrix, Splinter Cell, and many more breathtaking games out there? And with its high Quality, life like Graphics it is a big bonus. One argument for gamecube was its Differentiation of having the famous Mario 'plumber man' hitting the screens of all Gamecube owners. Now to be frank with you, Mario is alright, i particulary enjoy mario on N64, but Mario Sunshine isnt really anything to be extra pleased about owning. Weapons wise Mario Sunshine goea about as far as a waterblaster. Whereas take for example splinter cell - as far as weapons are this game has everything, all the stereotypes of different weaponry as well as a few gadgets thrown in for the fun of it. PS2 is a must buy for anyone who appreciates a brilliant console, if you dont - go buy rubbish gamecube and sit playing never knowing that there will always be something better...
Mon 09/06/03 at 19:32
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
No.

When a Nintendo console is most successful the Sony fanboys will change to becoming Nintendo fanboys, and maintain they always knew Nintendo games were better, and that all of Sony's consoles were crap.
Mon 09/06/03 at 19:31
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
I think my keyboard is broken.

Or I'm broken. Hmmm.
Mon 09/06/03 at 19:30
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
matt9 wrote:
> U dont know how much Playstation are going to be ahead of Nintendo
> when PS3 comes out.

Hah.

Ever heard of Saturo Iwata? No?

He's the guy e has his head screwed on straight. He'll be the one laughing at you petty fnaboys as you prance around n fields, longing for your precious PS3 to do well.

No go weep into your pink silk pillow.
Mon 09/06/03 at 19:28
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
matt9 wrote:
> How could you say no to a PS2 with games such as

Enter The Matrix

Splinter Cell

Fine, I'll play this on my GC, or my PC, or an Xbox, and all of them are better than the PS2 version...

> And with its high Quality, life like Graphics it is a big bonus.

It has good graphics, just like every other games machine nowadays, although it isn't a patch on the GC or Xbox, never mind the PC.

> One argument for gamecube was its Differentiation of having the famous
> Mario 'plumber man' hitting the screens of all Gamecube owners. Now to
> be frank with you, Mario is alright, i particulary enjoy mario on N64,
> but Mario Sunshine isnt really anything to be extra pleased about
> owning. Weapons wise Mario Sunshine goea about as far as a
> waterblaster.

"Weapons wise"

It's a Mario game you imbecile, why the hell would it have guns!?

> Whereas take for example splinter cell - as far as
> weapons are this game has everything, all the stereotypes of different
> weaponry as well as a few gadgets thrown in for the fun of it.

You have just compared Splinter Cell to Mario.
*explodes*

> PS2 is a must buy for anyone who appreciates a brilliant console, if you > dont - go buy rubbish gamecube and sit playing never knowing that there
> will always be something better...

*chuckles*
Mon 09/06/03 at 19:27
Regular
U dont know how much Playstation are going to be ahead of Nintendo when PS3 comes out.
Mon 09/06/03 at 19:26
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
*of

*Live

Bah.
Mon 09/06/03 at 19:26
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
And I just read the rest off this.

Never knowing any better? We don't line on Mars...

That's your fanboy opinion. No one cares.

Go fester in the PS2 forum.
Mon 09/06/03 at 19:24
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Enter the Matrix? Hah.

I still think the best topics are "GC or PS2- who is the best?"

*wanders off laughing*
Mon 09/06/03 at 19:23
Regular
I think that PS2 rules above all over games consoles. Me, being a video game addict, know all the reviews, ratings, and ups or downs of consoles. How could you say no to a PS2 with games such as Enter The Matrix, Splinter Cell, and many more breathtaking games out there? And with its high Quality, life like Graphics it is a big bonus. One argument for gamecube was its Differentiation of having the famous Mario 'plumber man' hitting the screens of all Gamecube owners. Now to be frank with you, Mario is alright, i particulary enjoy mario on N64, but Mario Sunshine isnt really anything to be extra pleased about owning. Weapons wise Mario Sunshine goea about as far as a waterblaster. Whereas take for example splinter cell - as far as weapons are this game has everything, all the stereotypes of different weaponry as well as a few gadgets thrown in for the fun of it. PS2 is a must buy for anyone who appreciates a brilliant console, if you dont - go buy rubbish gamecube and sit playing never knowing that there will always be something better...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.