GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamecube or PS2? What Do u Think?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 09/06/03 at 19:23
Regular
I think that PS2 rules above all over games consoles. Me, being a video game addict, know all the reviews, ratings, and ups or downs of consoles. How could you say no to a PS2 with games such as Enter The Matrix, Splinter Cell, and many more breathtaking games out there? And with its high Quality, life like Graphics it is a big bonus. One argument for gamecube was its Differentiation of having the famous Mario 'plumber man' hitting the screens of all Gamecube owners. Now to be frank with you, Mario is alright, i particulary enjoy mario on N64, but Mario Sunshine isnt really anything to be extra pleased about owning. Weapons wise Mario Sunshine goea about as far as a waterblaster. Whereas take for example splinter cell - as far as weapons are this game has everything, all the stereotypes of different weaponry as well as a few gadgets thrown in for the fun of it. PS2 is a must buy for anyone who appreciates a brilliant console, if you dont - go buy rubbish gamecube and sit playing never knowing that there will always be something better...
Tue 10/06/03 at 20:10
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Hedfix wrote:
> I just 'got' your name. That's a bad joke.

:D

Ah well, it is about 6 months old now, I guess it is wearing a little thin.
Tue 10/06/03 at 20:08
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
matt9 wrote:
> I do not work for GC or PS2 I just know all the facts of PS2

Who designed the PS2?

How many games does the PS2 have?

How many of those games are Platinum?

How many of those games are exclusives?

How many vents does the PS2 have?

How many PS2's have been sold worlwide , exactly?

What type of Laser does the PS2 have?

Cant be bothered thinking of any more.

;)

Oh, and your examples of Splinter Cell and Enter the Matrix are crap because they're multi-format.
Tue 10/06/03 at 20:03
Regular
"8==="
I just 'got' your name. That's a bad joke.
Tue 10/06/03 at 20:00
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
GC or PS2? mmmmmmmmm....... how about GC AND PS2.

That's more like it.

;)
Tue 10/06/03 at 16:24
Regular
"Aoe Master"
gc suckz it has baby games >>......ps2 and xbox own it
Tue 10/06/03 at 16:21
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
I still don't understand your arguement.

If we play on our Gamecube's, we are supposedly not seeing 'the light'? What the hell? I had a PS2 and I swapped it with my brother for an Xbox, because I didn't like it.

And the next thing, the title says "What do you think?" What's the point in asking what we think if you're going to dismiss everything we say, eh?

Exactly.
Tue 10/06/03 at 16:14
Regular
"8==="
matt9 wrote:
> I do not work for GC or PS2 I just know all the facts of PS2

Ok then, what machine came before the PS2 and who originally asked Sony to create the machines CD drive?
Tue 10/06/03 at 16:08
Regular
I do not work for GC or PS2 I just know all the facts of PS2
Tue 10/06/03 at 13:57
Regular
"8==="
*Stone Cold stunners Metal into the ground*
Tue 10/06/03 at 13:39
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Totoro wrote:

> I think console war topics bring out the tribal nature of human
> beings, but instead of resorting to bashing each other with bones and
> sticks,

again with the extremes!! :)
i think you could be right, which is a shame really, there are loads of more important things to get worked up over.
still, given the violent nature of your idea, i have to say i'm glad you're not MY neighbour, toturo (what a reference! :) )

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.