GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Half life 2 :0)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Half Life 2'.
Wed 11/06/03 at 12:37
Regular
yeah half life 2 coming to xbox the screenshots look very good this game reminds me of alien a bit except the actuall alien u get those little things that attach themselves to peoples heads thats the same as alien can't wait for this :)

you think it will be good ?
Wed 11/06/03 at 20:16
Regular
My PC doesn't crash, it runs as perfect as any console I've owned.

The problem comes when you have family members who don't know much about computers, but seeing as this is my own I don't have a problem; I keep it in perfect working order.

And there's nothing hard or complicated about running a game, selecting multi-player and choosing a game to join.
Wed 11/06/03 at 21:40
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> Yeah
>
> It will look and play better on my PC.

Seeing as the Xbox retails at 129.99 and the kind of PC needed to run Half Life 2 in full is going to be pushing a minimum of a grand then I'd hope it will look better...

How come the early Halo 2 footage is just as good, if not better, than Half Life 2 footage, and it's on a machine that costs a fraction of a PC ?
Wed 11/06/03 at 21:58
Regular
According to the developers of Doom 3 the Xbox version is actually running and looking better than the PC version. The article is on Gamespy and there is a downloadable video at the end of the Xbox version running and it looks amazing. When it comes down to it I would put money on the PC and Xblx versions of Half Life 2 looking exactly the same. The only difference being the fact that monitors have a high resolution so the game will look evidently clearer. By then I will have my 32" ;)
Thu 12/06/03 at 05:38
Regular
"8==="
It will be so good I will only have half my life left once I have finished playing it over and over and over.........
Thu 12/06/03 at 11:43
Regular
I still don't understand what your PC version has to do with Halflife coming out on the Xbox.

It would be like me walking into the Sony forum and going into a topic about a 3rd party game and saying "it'll look and play better on my Xbox"

It's just annoying to be honest.
Thu 12/06/03 at 12:22
Regular
"Less chat...More ha"
Back to Doom 3..it looks sweet, anyone know how soon it is out? or if it has any live facilities?...Not that I can get live!
Curse my rural existance!
Thu 12/06/03 at 17:08
Regular
"8==="
I agree with TGM. Also Judge Dredd looks good and Deus Ex 2. There's another two games ripping off Deus Ex's bio-upgrades one is Robocop the other I can't remember. I think it begins with 'w'. Oh and if the xbox version of Diehard has multiplayer it will be sweet also.

Just ordered Red Faction 2 for my GAD. sweet.
Thu 12/06/03 at 17:28
Regular
Duke Nukem Forever was announced for Cube absoloutly ages ago, though I wonder if the game will ever get a release on anything to be honest.

It's gotta be the most delayed game in gaming history.

Anyway, there's so many superb looking 1st person shooters coming out, I'm gonna be spoilt for choice.
Thu 12/06/03 at 17:48
Regular
Why are people judging games like Half Life 2 and Deus Ex 2 against Halo 2? In my opinion, the predecessors of these were much more revolutionary than the orginal Halo - and will certainly be remembered a lot longer. Halo's great fun, by all means - but I can't see the sequel bettering the likes of the two I've mentioned above easily.
Thu 12/06/03 at 17:52
Regular
Duke Nukem Forever has been in development for so long it was probably announced for the N64.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.