GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Half life 2 :0)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Half Life 2'.
Wed 11/06/03 at 12:37
Regular
yeah half life 2 coming to xbox the screenshots look very good this game reminds me of alien a bit except the actuall alien u get those little things that attach themselves to peoples heads thats the same as alien can't wait for this :)

you think it will be good ?
Fri 13/06/03 at 15:19
"I love yo... lamp."
www.pless.co.uk have Trust 5.1s for £34.06. Dont know about the quality though.
Fri 13/06/03 at 16:39
Regular
The jumping was only bad in the Zen alien levels.

Balanced out by such atrocities as the library.
Fri 13/06/03 at 16:56
Regular
"8==="
Library was close quarter fighting with the flood. But lets not go down that road again. :)
Fri 13/06/03 at 16:59
Regular
Library was good at first, got so bloody repetetive by the end though.
Fri 13/06/03 at 17:04
Regular
"8==="
I found it the most difficult level of the game. So they did something right. :)
Fri 13/06/03 at 18:57
Regular
Libary was gay.

Half Life was'nt that good anyway (in single player)
Fri 13/06/03 at 19:16
Regular
gamezfreak wrote:

>
> Half Life was'nt that good anyway (in single player)

uhh, yes it was.
Fri 13/06/03 at 19:25
Regular
Well in my opinion it was'nt.

Too many jumping parts.

FPS games have moved on..

(Recieved the DVD's WS?)
Fri 13/06/03 at 20:04
Regular
Some of it was good, fighting the soldiers in places was enjoyable but I found the majority of it to be rather tedious.
Fri 13/06/03 at 20:07
Regular
Deus EX is one of my favourite games of all time but I can't understand why people compare it to Halo and Half Life?! Its further away from those two than Metroid Prime is from Halo. Deus EX is in the first person but the shooting is very below average. What makes it so special is the RPG elements and the fact that you can choose how you play the game and how your decisions alter the story. Its absolute genius on the PC and although the PS2 version is still very good it isn't on the same level as the PC version.

A few people are saying that Halo 2 won't match Half Life 2 and Doom 3. However the last Doom which was any good was released more than 6 years a go. Halo was only released in the UK a little over 1 year a go and I think in terms of modern games we know what Bungie will deliver. The fact that Half Life was released quite a while a go leaves the thought in my mind about whether the game will deliver.

I don't want a new experience in a First Person game and thats why I enjoy Halo so much. Its a FPS game in every sense and although the vehicle addition was an original idea the rest of thebgame is pretty much how you would expect. In a FPS game I want big guns, lots of blood and an increasing difficulty which requires a set level of skill. Anyone has played Halo on Legendary will know that you couldn't ask for anymore in a FPS game.

Half Life 2 and Doom 3 will hopefully provide these elements which will make then fantastic in my opinion. However with Halo 2 I honestly think it will do something which will make people see the FPS genre differently. Don't ask me what because I aren't sure as of yet. However sometimes I get gut feelings and I honestly believe that Halo 2 will better what Doom 3 and Half Life 2 do and do something new for the FPS genre.

All 3 will do their best to be the best. However I feel Halo 2 will be the winner. Mark my words on this...

:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.