GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"5 Things About You"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 03/07/06 at 08:49
Regular
Another borrowed thread idea off the lovely @ngel.

[B]List 5 things interesting or not about you that we didn't know before.[/B] (Of course you can list more if you like)

1. I have one blue eye and one brown eye.
2. I don't like fish or peanuts (possibly because of their strong smell).
3. I was born on Friday 13th, 13 is one of my lucky numbers.
4. My favourite food is Chinese
5. As a kid I loved watching saturday morning cartoons and had a crush on Penny the girl from the Inspector Gadget cartoon. heh.
Page:
Wed 27/09/06 at 12:21
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Seeing as everyone else is posting stuff...

- I'll have been going out with my girlfriend for 2 years this October
- I have a punk music website (which barely ever gets updated nowadays)
- I eat dry bowls of Crunchy Nut Cornflakes (or the cheaper equivilents) as a snack when I get home drunk/tipsy
- I kind of play bass guitar. Haven't really played in about a year, and I'm not especially good, but I did play in a band doing covers for a short while. We played some gigs and even got paid a couple of times!
- I'm currently reading 'Captive State: The Corporate Takeover of Britain' (George Monboit)
- I need to go post a letter in a minute about changing from my 4 year Uni course to the 3 year version, because I'm not really sure I'd do very well if I did the fourth year, plus I'm not sure if I want to stay at Uni another 2 years... Maybe a Masters is something I'll go back to at a later date
- I should stop trying to think of more things to write here and start doing some productive stuff now

And on that note...
Wed 27/09/06 at 19:46
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Ladybird wrote:
> Funny you'd say that.. I've known him to switch it on and off
> at will.

Almost sounds like you think it comes and goes at will. 'fraid not

> And, how is it that you're so sure what it is to him anyways..?
> I'll take it that you're speaking in general terms.

I dont think it's a huge leap to assume that its more of a burden to the schizophrenic than the people they're around. Hows that for general terms?
I think if i had a schizophrenic friend, i'd be more concerned about their welfare than appearing to complain about them not being around, em. If appearances are deceptive though, my fault.
Wed 27/09/06 at 21:30
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
6 I'm have difficulty trusting people I don't know and I'm a tad claustrophobic and like to be in control and have recently decided to combat these by flying on holiday to who knows where in 5 weeks time to combat all 3 at the same time. Even though I've flown 6 times before it's been 3 years since my last flight and to date I've never flown sober even at 9-45am and at the minute I'm scared something will go wrong big style as these stupid fears have grown bigger since then due to me trying to ignore them instead of dealing with them.

7 I'm currently trying to lose 3 stones for my wedding next June. At the minute it's a lb a week to hit my target and in the last 2 weeks I've lost 4lb simply by eating smaller portions.

8 I love BBQ's and have one at every opportunity I can.

9 I used to have unfounded prejudices and stereotypes about a lot of things / people but have become a lot more open minded in the last few years to change my views and attitudes and to treat everyone as an individual and to assess every situation on it's merits and not past experiences.

10 I would have loved to have seen Freddie Mercury perform live as I think he is the greatest performer of all time.
Thu 28/09/06 at 02:15
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Kawada wrote:
> I sent them to their rightful home and you deserved it anyway
> you anti-american xenophobic hove :-)

I'm not anti-american, i dislike all mass cultures. I like individuals.
I wonder if that makes sense.
Thu 28/09/06 at 02:34
Regular
Machiavelli wrote:
> Ladybird wrote:
> Funny you'd say that.. I've known him to switch it on and off
> at will.
>
> Almost sounds like you think it comes and goes at will. 'fraid
> not

I don't think schizo's really have much choice, but when it comes to Darren, I know for a fact he's a schizo at-will. Anyone as disturbed as he keeps making himself out to be should be hospitalized andon more than one medication at high doses.

>
> And, how is it that you're so sure what it is to him anyways..?
> I'll take it that you're speaking in general terms.
>
> I dont think it's a huge leap to assume that its more of a
> burden to the schizophrenic than the people they're around. Hows
> that for general terms?

Like, I don't disagree. Can you hear my eyes roll? How about these words I'm not typing because I'm a lady

> I think if i had a schizophrenic friend, i'd be more concerned
> about their welfare than appearing to complain about them not
> being around, em. If appearances are deceptive though, my fault.

I guess I would be more concerned if I had a schizophrenic friend.
Thu 28/09/06 at 03:13
Regular
"Monochromatic"
So your opinion is what? Munchausen syndrome? Personally i just think he deals with it reasonably well and has gotten used it so maybe it's underplayed.
I think this is about a clash of cultural opinions as much as anything. I know America has a much more lenient diagnosis procedure for schizophrenia and culturally i think you lot are maybe a bit more paranoid and wary of mentally ill people.
It feels rude to be discussing this without him adding his opinion.

EDIT
Oh and thanks to the good people of Freeola for buggering up my name.
Thu 28/09/06 at 06:40
Regular
I won't persist debating my petty opinion of Grix. I still say nay, but it's just my opinion.

Nor will I speak of your crackerjack two-cents of the American culture in relation to the prevailing mass of psychologically ill individuals roaming the streets without access to healthcare.

Nor do I care to discuss the APA's procedural schizophrenic diagnosis.

Nor will I delve into the technicalities of the disorder. You should confer with Grix, he's well versed. Which is what I believe to be the real problem..but, I'm sure he's enjoying the medicinal trip anyways.

If you'd like to inflate his nonsense and validate his disorder Dr. Corazon/Machiavelli/or whomever you are, then please, do what you have to do..but leave me out of it, because really nothing you say will change my perspective of him. Thanks.

All of it is hardly the discussion for this thread anyways.
Thu 28/09/06 at 17:19
Regular
1. My personal tutor at uni once accused me of being high during a meeting with her.

2. The next year, I was mysteriously transferred to another, more easy-going, personal tutor.

3. In that year, I had a module with the original tutor. I'd become intensely studious by that point, shocked her with my performance, and got a first for the module.

4. In that year, she also dyed and drastically cut her hair and became much more serious about her work.

5. I don't think our meeting was responsible for either of us changing like that. Although it's nice that we were on the same lines of growth.

6. There's been a recent rush in people taking rental properties in the town I have to move to soon. The only landlord I've been able to arrange viewings with has just one semi-suitable property availbale.

7. I'm really concerned about having nowhere to live, and have no idea what I'll do about it!
Thu 28/09/06 at 20:23
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Ladybird wrote:
> Nor will I speak of your crackerjack two-cents of the American
> culture in relation to the prevailing mass of psychologically
> ill individuals roaming the streets without access to
> healthcare.

I think i made a mistake when i typed that up anyway. I meant to say the APA's definition of schizophrenic is much harsher and unless you're a serious case you wont be given much help. It's a well known "joke" amongst some people here that the quickest way to cure schizophrenia is to get on a plane to America and hey presto, you're sane again.

EDIT
Damn this bloody name, i was meant to change it last night.
Thu 28/09/06 at 20:33
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Corazón wrote:
> I think this is about a clash of cultural opinions as much as
> anything. I know America has a much more lenient diagnosis
> procedure for schizophrenia and culturally i think you lot are
> maybe a bit more paranoid and wary of mentally ill people.

Ah so how many years did you live in America to form that opinion and whereabouts?
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.