GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"5 Things About You"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 03/07/06 at 08:49
Regular
Another borrowed thread idea off the lovely @ngel.

[B]List 5 things interesting or not about you that we didn't know before.[/B] (Of course you can list more if you like)

1. I have one blue eye and one brown eye.
2. I don't like fish or peanuts (possibly because of their strong smell).
3. I was born on Friday 13th, 13 is one of my lucky numbers.
4. My favourite food is Chinese
5. As a kid I loved watching saturday morning cartoons and had a crush on Penny the girl from the Inspector Gadget cartoon. heh.
Tue 26/09/06 at 17:20
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Boo another soldier lost to that evil

Get a pre-nupt man!!!
Tue 26/09/06 at 17:19
Regular
"Mooching around"
Smedlos wrote:
> 5 I'm getting married next June

Aww, whereabouts are you getting married?
Tue 26/09/06 at 16:57
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Machiavelli wrote:
> 15) I find Americans annoying, Kawada included. The git stole my
> arcade scores

I sent them to their rightful home and you deserved it anyway you anti-american xenophobic hove :-)

I guess everyone has given up on that anyway, huzzah for Kawada the arcade king
Tue 26/09/06 at 15:42
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
1 I'm 26

2 I'm a Chartered Accountant

3 I did a degree in accounting at University gaining a 2:2 (Hons)

4 I said I would never study again after University and a few months later I started again

5 I'm getting married next June
Tue 26/09/06 at 12:15
"possibly impossible"
Well, if everyone else is doing it...40 from me...

1) I don't tend to divulge a lot of information about myself because I feel that I'm not always happy about who I am
2) I was born in Amersham and lived in High Wycombe for the first 5 years of my life, then moved to a crappy town called Chard in Somerset.
3) I was hopeless at exams and didn't do well in my GCSEs
4) Hated school and pretended to be sick a lot. Hated PE even more because it was Rugby and Football all the time, with no emphasis on the sports I enjoyed like Basketball.
5) I did a 2 year BTEC in computer studies, but then decided to do teaching and so did a further year doing English A level (well, Access course, which is equivalent).
6) I moved to Exmouth to go to Uni there in 1995 and did a teaching degree for 4 years
7) Met my wife while she was Aupairing for a family in Exmouth. She was about to go back to Spain but I somehow convinced her to stay. To this day I don't know how.
8) I Have 2 daughters, both adorable.
9) I'm Catholic, but not an 'in your face' type. I believe in the existence of God and all of that stuff, though I also believe that at least some of the Bible is allegorical. I also believe that most of the world's religions are linked and we're all probably praying to the same God, so what's all this fighting about?
10) I can be very ‘deep’ at times and also very shallow, but I prefer deep.
11) I sometimes obsess about stuff and think that I probably bore some people with my ramblings.
12) I always feel that people are judging me and I don’t really fit in anywhere.
13) and no, I’m not a teenager, I grew out of that stage so many years ago.
14) I’m actually 34. Which officially makes me old.
15) I could have been a programmer if I’d continued learning after my BTEC. It’s probably one of the few things I regret not doing.
16) I want to live in Spain at some point, but can’t find a job and I’m very slow to learn languages.
17) I class myself as a Fortean, despite my religious background. I read Fortean Times regularly and believe in the possible existence of ghosts and that aliens could exist, but I also weigh up the evidence of any sightings.
18) I’m a Nintendo fan, but not a fanboy. I like most of their games and franchises but I can also look objectively at them. I think the Wii will do well, though not with die-hard gamers who aren’t Nintendo fans already.
19) I earn a relatively normal salary, but don’t see any of it at the end of the month because it all goes to pay the bills.
20) I have Sky, but not Sky +
21) My ideal job would be to work in a Library or bookshop and get paid what I’m being paid now. It would have to be some sort of wonder library for that to happen though.
22) I like Dilbert strips and have a calendar at work.
23) I’m at that stage where I can’t believe how young all the girls are that I find attractive and worry about it.
24) I’m too sensible and love my wife too much to have an affair anyway, but always wonder what I’d do if a good looking girl came on to me.
25) not that it would ever happen anyway
26) I work in the Finance sector for a world-wide corporation.
27) I need more holiday than I’m given.
28) I’ve just started drinking Earl Grey. Never ever liked it until now. Isn’t that weird?
29) I love Sci-fi, but don’t get a chance to watch any new stuff due to my kids.
30) Apart from Dr Who. Which I would never ever miss. It’s my dad’s fault. He watched it from the start and got me into it during the Tom Baker years.
31) I can’t understand football. What I mean is that I can understand what a fun game it is if played with a few people and a ball and very little rules, but when you put it on a national level with loads of rules etc, then I can’t see the fun in it. It’s just about money.
32) And yet, I like Formula 1, which is just as silly an idea as national/international Football. Mad world, isn’t it?
33) I like movies that make you think.
34) and I love anime too, but not everything.
35) Japan is cool. I need to go there.
36) India isn’t too bad either. Going there again soon.
37) Sometimes I get bored and don’t see things through
38) Which means that although I can come up with reasonable short stories, I haven’t yet written a novel.
39) I love to get feedback on my writing (which is a shame, since this place has gone downhill on that side of things)
40) I can’t think of anything else.
Tue 26/09/06 at 11:55
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
1. I did well in my A Levels
2. I am part of the monkeygecko group
3. I am the ultimate cuppa tea maker (99% people agree)
4. I have hay fever
5. I have an irrational fear of one of my mum's dolls (it's watching me right now...)

Secrets safe with Seraphim, she won't tell herself...
Tue 26/09/06 at 09:16
Regular
"Mooching around"
Machiavelli wrote:
> 101 things...

:O Theif!
Tue 26/09/06 at 09:01
Regular
Oops :D
Tue 26/09/06 at 08:59
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Machie wrote:

> 28. I have a secret crush on @ngel that she must never find out
> about

Your secrets safe with me ;-)
Tue 26/09/06 at 08:58
Regular
I'm a good boy O:) see..

26. Is a good boy
27. I clean and iron
28. I have a secret crush on @ngel that she must never find out about
29. We have a new gerbil now and she's called Frankie :S
30. I've been doing a lot of weight trainning the last few months

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.