GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sign of something wrong??"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/10/01 at 20:21
Regular
I have noticed a distinct change in the attitude of people around these forums. An immatruity and spamming tinge has left a sour taste in the mouth, but it never really struck me until today....................why??

Well, it was actually the fact that the notables all seem to hate this place now. When I came here, it was these guys that were the life and soul of the forums, and made me consider coming here more often, so I did, but recently the forums have been overrun by rubbish. There is far too much Spam and chat going on in topics people would like to be treated with respect. In the past people would post here, and have a laugh, but keep the mindless banter and insults to MSN or for e-mails, but now this forum seems to be a general chat sever, and it is losing the people that made this place special in the first place.

I know this post will be treated like every other regulars concerns and be brushed aside, but just stop to think for a second what it is you are doing here, and whether your chatter would be better kept for MSN or a proper chat server, if it could, then it would be much better to kep it there rather than clutter this forum with what is known as "SPAM". I don;t know if anyone will listen to this or not, and I;m not expecting miracles, but I know that Grix has become disillusioned and fed up with this forum, and that to me is a problem..............
Mon 22/10/01 at 21:20
Only when we are of one conscious mind can we truly decide what is right and what is wrong.
Mon 22/10/01 at 21:20
Regular
I am the Tarrant wrote:

"Ah, but were one mind finds dullness, another finds enlightenment."

That would be because the person doesn't understand truely what has been said, I would suppose.

But then:

"GBA games are cartiges. they are TINY"

"they cost MONEY"

We're really going wrong somewhere.
Mon 22/10/01 at 21:21
Regular
I am the Tarrant wrote:
"Only when we are of one conscious mind can we truly decide what is right and what is wrong."

Nothing is right or wrong, but something is crap and something is good. You can't fart and call it art.
Mon 22/10/01 at 21:22
"High polygon count"
I notice that Bonus - after starting one of the better conversations of recent days - has bogged off and left us to it.

Cretin.

;-)
Mon 22/10/01 at 21:22
The path to redemption is a hard one to walk, but can one trust public transport?
Mon 22/10/01 at 21:23
Regular
Spam is best ignored so long as it stays out of Prime.

People spout rubbish and make a mess.

So what!

So long as Prime and the Stories archive stays nice and tidy then it doesn't really matter if the chat forum gets spammed a little bit.

The Chat forum was designed to keep spam out of Prime.

The idea of the Chat forum is that there's no restrictions.

If someone posts a spam topic then ignor them and it will sink beneath the heavy load of more popular topics.
If you complain and moan then you just give them something else to babble about.
Mon 22/10/01 at 21:23
"High polygon count"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> You can't fart and call it art.

Ah, you are *so* wrong. It's obviously an art you have yet to master.

Patience, young Thraves. Your time will come.
Mon 22/10/01 at 21:24
"High polygon count"
I am the Tarrant wrote:
> The path to redemption is a hard one to walk, but can one trust public
> transport?

Cue Stewie voice...

What the *hell* are you smoking?
Mon 22/10/01 at 21:24
Grix Thraves wrote:
You can't fart and call it
> art.

Art is in the eye of the beholder my friend. Art can evoke great emotion. A true masterpiece can bring tears to your eyes, as can a fart.
Mon 22/10/01 at 21:28
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
I can't believe that Grix said s**t.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.