GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo Gamecube..........."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 13/06/03 at 15:52
Regular
Not for the likes of you!
Mon 16/06/03 at 21:24
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Out of the games you mentioned as Halo beaters, for me the only one that comes possibly close is Deus Ex. Metroid Prime isn't a straight FPS and its content in this area doesn't come close. Timesplitters 2 is ok and has its moments, but again I don't think it comes anywhere near.
And Jedi Knight 2 ? Your easily pleased mate. ;-)
I think its ok, but its in the MOH: Frontline region more than in the leagues of Halo, etc.

Anyway, we have our different opinions and its not like either of us will budge - so at the end of the day - meh. ;-)
Mon 16/06/03 at 21:12
Regular
Savatt78 wrote:
> Doesn't seem all that long ago that I was reading posts on how Die
> Hard Vendetta was gonna be this big Halo beater. ;-))
> So much for those crap remarks. ;-))

We had our hopes. After all, much was promised - was it our fault it wasn't delivered?

> To this day, there is yet to be an FPS console game that can be seen
> as a Halo beater. At this rate, the title to finally topple Halo will
> be Halo 2. ;-)) Half Life 2 looks good though.

There's a few first person shooters I prefer to Halo. TimeSplitters 2 for one. Metroid Prime, Deus Ex and Jedi Knight II I've also been equally impressed with - though it's up to you whether or not you class them as FPS or not.

For the future, Halflife 2, Geist, Metroid Prime 2, Deus Ex: Invisible War and of course, Halo 2 all look excellent. No-one can tell which will be best though - we simply don't have enough detail.
Mon 16/06/03 at 21:02
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Oh and Untitled - nice of you to steal a little ad idea from Pot Noodle. But just remember - at least the shops want to stock Pot noodle. ;-)
Mon 16/06/03 at 21:00
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Maverick42 wrote:
> Don't worry - it'll return the favour when you see you've bought a
> stinking mound of gaming crap.

Doesn't seem all that long ago that I was reading posts on how Die Hard Vendetta was gonna be this big Halo beater. ;-))
So much for those crap remarks. ;-))

To this day, there is yet to be an FPS console game that can be seen as a Halo beater. At this rate, the title to finally topple Halo will be Halo 2. ;-)) Half Life 2 looks good though.
Mon 16/06/03 at 20:56
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Oh and don't bother writing a long reply because I'm not intrested in
> this argument anymore.
>
> We'll just agree to disagree.

You just said that because you knew I'd strongly disagree with everything you posted; you wanted the final word :D.

> If you're the sort of gamer who doesn't like games with a few annoying
> niggles and that are not perfect then I wouldn't bother.

I picked out those 'niggles' as examples. In my opinion, I just couldn't like the game and I wouldn't buy it. It's certainly not awful - I do think it's average (notice, not 'below') and so I can see why some may like it.

It's my honest opinion though, from extended play, that it just can't cut it against the rest of 'em and isn't worth any more than perhaps a tenner. Hell, I enjoyed Nightfire and Red Faction II more. But I'll agree to disagree, as you say - we're not going to convince each other in a hurry.
Mon 16/06/03 at 19:28
Regular
Do we care about Untitled? No.

:P
Mon 16/06/03 at 18:39
Regular
Do we care what you sold it for?
Mon 16/06/03 at 18:11
Regular
"aliens exist"
Miserableman wrote:
> Do Gamecube owners often come on the Xbox forum just to slate consoles
> they don't own? Because I'd certainly rather have a Gamecube and an
> Xbox over just a Gamecube..

i did have an xbox but sold it to buy my cube,
Mon 16/06/03 at 15:13
Regular
FPS games are my favourite genre and I am also a big fan of the first 2 Die Hard films (lets forget the third ever existed). I am thinking of getting it this Friday when I finish my last GCSE.
Mon 16/06/03 at 14:14
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Buy it off me Tilta!

Woo.

Tis a good game. Nothing great, but certainly worth a shot.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.