GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hmmmmmmmmm, busy weekend...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 16/06/03 at 21:16
Regular
Well here I am with just under 2 weeks till my girlfriend arrives from the States. This weekend I will be paying a pretty hefty price for an engagement ring (gotta be all romantic and wonderful and pop the question in like 2 weeks today).

But here I am looking at a few games I wanna get before she arrives.
Now I'll be doing a trade in for Midnight Club 2 and Brute Force. But theres also a couple of others that have got my attention. One of them is Soldier Of Fortune 2 and the other (which will probably have a few people whining at me) is Kung Fu Chaos. I played a demo of it recently and I thought it was a right laugh. :-)

I can see it being excellent in multiplayer and plus its really easy to play so my gf will probably enjoy it too.
So if I get these extra couple of titles then I will be looking at a bigger trade in.
And no I'm not gonna go for a cheaper ring. ;-)

Anyway, I have until Friday to decide what I'm gonna do.
Mon 23/06/03 at 20:56
Regular
Its not a FPS game though...
Mon 23/06/03 at 20:56
Regular
Does it rock in a "WOW this is actually brilliant" kind of way? Or does it rock in a "WOW this is a new game, it's brilliant, but it won't be once the novelty's warn off" kind of way?
Mon 23/06/03 at 20:58
Regular
"8==="
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Its not a FPS game though...

True. But this game really bridges the gap between FPS and third person.
Sniping is first person.
Mon 23/06/03 at 21:08
Regular
"8==="
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Does it rock in a "WOW this is actually brilliant" kind of
> way? Or does it rock in a "WOW this is a new game, it's
> brilliant, but it won't be once the novelty's warn off" kind of
> way?

I will be replaying it. The multiplayer is excellent. I have a lot to unlock but there are a lot of different characters with different powers and abilities. There's invisibility, some kind of psychic power bolts, firing differnt weapons at the same time and heat vison. I expect there are a lot more but I've only unlocked 6 characters and there are a lot more.
Two player in the main game is excellent, ordering your squad mates REALLY works and is effective. I've used the 'tex' character, with a rocket launcher, to draw fire whilst Hawk (the sniper) who was backing me up casually executes them one by one.
The AI is really good. In Squad Death Match I was using Flint (the other sniper) and firing from across the whole arena at my friends team. After three shots their Flint shot me dead (I have only unlocked the first squad in squad death match). I was amazed.
Later I had to fend of Hawk who was covering my friend very effectively. I got her with a grenade but it was a tough fight! She timed her movements expertly.
Mon 23/06/03 at 21:12
Regular
Answer the question...
Mon 23/06/03 at 21:25
Regular
"8==="
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Answer the question...

LOL. OK OK OK!

It's brilliant FULLSTOP. This game will last you long beyond the 'new game' stage. Read what I wrote below for some of the joys it contains.....
Mon 23/06/03 at 21:27
Regular
I read it originally but it did avoid the question ;)

How about as a single player game only? I won't get much use out of co-op as I would rather play football outside than games inside :)
Mon 23/06/03 at 21:33
Regular
"8==="
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> I read it originally but it did avoid the question ;)
I thought it answered it. I just didn't want to give away the plot. It's hard to talk about the 1 player without giving away the plot. In another recent (as in today) xbox thread I talked about the objectives which should give you an idea.
>
> How about as a single player game only? I won't get much use out of
> co-op as I would rather play football outside than games inside :)

It's very good. There are varied locations, it's pretty linear (as was Halo). There are no hang ups I can think of to point out. It's been finetuned well. Read the review on IGN that's a good indicator. They point out all it's 'faults' and then give it a 8.x rating.

They said the snipers were useless, which is daft. I think they didn't bother with stealth whilst playing it and were in a rush to finish it and review it. The snipers are great.
Mon 23/06/03 at 21:35
Regular
Still not convinced. I'll wait for a demo or for it to come down in price.
Tue 24/06/03 at 18:25
Regular
"8==="
How much do you like Red Faction 2? Because it is miles better than that.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.