GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hmmmmmmmmm, busy weekend...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 16/06/03 at 21:16
Regular
Well here I am with just under 2 weeks till my girlfriend arrives from the States. This weekend I will be paying a pretty hefty price for an engagement ring (gotta be all romantic and wonderful and pop the question in like 2 weeks today).

But here I am looking at a few games I wanna get before she arrives.
Now I'll be doing a trade in for Midnight Club 2 and Brute Force. But theres also a couple of others that have got my attention. One of them is Soldier Of Fortune 2 and the other (which will probably have a few people whining at me) is Kung Fu Chaos. I played a demo of it recently and I thought it was a right laugh. :-)

I can see it being excellent in multiplayer and plus its really easy to play so my gf will probably enjoy it too.
So if I get these extra couple of titles then I will be looking at a bigger trade in.
And no I'm not gonna go for a cheaper ring. ;-)

Anyway, I have until Friday to decide what I'm gonna do.
Thu 19/06/03 at 23:50
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Sav, I find it amusing that you say you will be "busy" at the weekend when really you will be sitting on your azz playing games the whole time. :P
Fri 20/06/03 at 11:29
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Maverick42 wrote:
> ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> I am looking to pick up SSBM in a couple of weeks. No matter how
> many
> reviews I read they seem to focus completley on the Multiplayer
> aspects. I know very little of the single player aspects yet these
> are
> the ones I will use the most.
>
> Smash Bros. is excellent in single player, don't worry.

ONLY after a time.

At first its fun, but then you get really bored, unless you play in multi. However, you'll find you suddenly learn all the nuances and tricks, and the depth opens up. Its actually an incredibly skillful game once you get really into it.
Fri 20/06/03 at 11:40
Regular
"gsybe you!"
TGMbloke wrote:
as apposed to the single enamy in SSBM.

Or 15...
Fri 20/06/03 at 19:17
Regular
Not true, try playing 10 minutes melee on Smash Bros and you'll fight hundreds randomly generate enemies.
Sat 21/06/03 at 17:09
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Busy weekend for me too actually.

I was in GAME about 2 hours ago.

I very very very nearly succumbed to impulse buy mode and nearly got an XBox + Halo/PGR/Oddworld for £170.

Ever so close.
Sat 21/06/03 at 23:18
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Mantis wrote:
> Sav, I find it amusing that you say you will be "busy" at
> the weekend when really you will be sitting on your azz playing games
> the whole time. :P

Hey for me gaming is a career. ;-)) A voluntary, non profit one, er...
;-))
Mon 23/06/03 at 15:20
Regular
"facepartyid prodigy"
Hey Sav.. How's brute force? essential buy? or bit of a letdown?
Mon 23/06/03 at 20:19
Regular
The latter.
Mon 23/06/03 at 20:33
Regular
You haven't played it though, so how can you decide this?
Mon 23/06/03 at 20:54
Regular
"8==="
I have. It is the Mutts Nuts. I am an FPS fanatic so I've played most of the xbox FPS games it has to offer and this game R-O-C-K-S.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.