GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hmmmmmmmmm, busy weekend...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 16/06/03 at 21:16
Regular
Well here I am with just under 2 weeks till my girlfriend arrives from the States. This weekend I will be paying a pretty hefty price for an engagement ring (gotta be all romantic and wonderful and pop the question in like 2 weeks today).

But here I am looking at a few games I wanna get before she arrives.
Now I'll be doing a trade in for Midnight Club 2 and Brute Force. But theres also a couple of others that have got my attention. One of them is Soldier Of Fortune 2 and the other (which will probably have a few people whining at me) is Kung Fu Chaos. I played a demo of it recently and I thought it was a right laugh. :-)

I can see it being excellent in multiplayer and plus its really easy to play so my gf will probably enjoy it too.
So if I get these extra couple of titles then I will be looking at a bigger trade in.
And no I'm not gonna go for a cheaper ring. ;-)

Anyway, I have until Friday to decide what I'm gonna do.
Wed 18/06/03 at 15:17
Regular
IGN said that the single player was mildly diverting but the multiplayer was unplayable. They said they couldn't find a sinlge person who could play KFC's multi for more than 5 minutes and not turn round and say that it's boring.

To say it's better than Smash Bros is just insane.
Wed 18/06/03 at 18:42
Regular
TGMbloke wrote:
> Beats SSBM hands down anyday. I never even play SSBM anymore since I
> got this...

Hoho! Priceless.
Wed 18/06/03 at 22:56
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Is it wrong for him to prefer KFC ? I prefer it over the way SSBM plays so far. Both are button bashers, but at least with KFC, you have film sets to get around and interact with.

I found SSBM annoying most of the time and just the demo of KFC has really grabbed me and kept me entertained - can't wait to play the other levels.
Wed 18/06/03 at 23:01
Regular
Smash Bros isn't a button basher. I have skillz of the shaolin tiger on that game, it's got a hell of a lot more strategy than 95% of fighters on the market.

It just depends how you play it. I'm sure you could get away smashing your control pad with your face if you wanted to, but I'm not sure it would be much fun.
Wed 18/06/03 at 23:02
Regular
I am looking to pick up SSBM in a couple of weeks. No matter how many reviews I read they seem to focus completley on the Multiplayer aspects. I know very little of the single player aspects yet these are the ones I will use the most.
Wed 18/06/03 at 23:08
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Actually, using my face to mash the buttons probably would have been the most fun filled option. Cause I liked being Pikachu, his normal attacks were pretty cack - so I was reduced to using the vertical lightning attack again and again and again and again and again and again. Pretty boring after awhile, but theres not a lot else to do when every other move just gets blocked followed closely by a big gang raping from all 3 CPU characters afterwards.

Tao Feng was another beat em up that bored me in that way. The first few fights were ok with some good bouts. But as the game got "harder", fights were reduced to blocking and countering - bloody boring.
Wed 18/06/03 at 23:14
Regular
"8==="
Def Jam Vendetta and Buffy have good fighting systems and are in the wider spectrum of beat-em-ups

Old school games I would suggest are: Fighters Destiny and Hybrid Heaven.
Both N64 games.
Wed 18/06/03 at 23:16
Regular
Savatt78 wrote:
Pretty boring after awhile, but theres not a lot else to do
> when every other move just gets blocked followed closely by a big gang
> raping from all 3 CPU characters afterwards.

I never had that problem, but then, I do use Link.

Pikachu's pretty rubbish, he was good in the first game but the downgraded all his attacks so he sucks in Melee.
Wed 18/06/03 at 23:26
Regular
"8==="
SSBM is a really good game. If you are in trouble you just back off and even things up with an item or ten!!
Thu 19/06/03 at 22:46
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> I am looking to pick up SSBM in a couple of weeks. No matter how many
> reviews I read they seem to focus completley on the Multiplayer
> aspects. I know very little of the single player aspects yet these are
> the ones I will use the most.

Smash Bros. is excellent in single player, don't worry.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.