GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hmmmmmmmmm, busy weekend...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 16/06/03 at 21:16
Regular
Well here I am with just under 2 weeks till my girlfriend arrives from the States. This weekend I will be paying a pretty hefty price for an engagement ring (gotta be all romantic and wonderful and pop the question in like 2 weeks today).

But here I am looking at a few games I wanna get before she arrives.
Now I'll be doing a trade in for Midnight Club 2 and Brute Force. But theres also a couple of others that have got my attention. One of them is Soldier Of Fortune 2 and the other (which will probably have a few people whining at me) is Kung Fu Chaos. I played a demo of it recently and I thought it was a right laugh. :-)

I can see it being excellent in multiplayer and plus its really easy to play so my gf will probably enjoy it too.
So if I get these extra couple of titles then I will be looking at a bigger trade in.
And no I'm not gonna go for a cheaper ring. ;-)

Anyway, I have until Friday to decide what I'm gonna do.
Mon 16/06/03 at 21:16
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Well here I am with just under 2 weeks till my girlfriend arrives from the States. This weekend I will be paying a pretty hefty price for an engagement ring (gotta be all romantic and wonderful and pop the question in like 2 weeks today).

But here I am looking at a few games I wanna get before she arrives.
Now I'll be doing a trade in for Midnight Club 2 and Brute Force. But theres also a couple of others that have got my attention. One of them is Soldier Of Fortune 2 and the other (which will probably have a few people whining at me) is Kung Fu Chaos. I played a demo of it recently and I thought it was a right laugh. :-)

I can see it being excellent in multiplayer and plus its really easy to play so my gf will probably enjoy it too.
So if I get these extra couple of titles then I will be looking at a bigger trade in.
And no I'm not gonna go for a cheaper ring. ;-)

Anyway, I have until Friday to decide what I'm gonna do.
Mon 16/06/03 at 21:29
Regular
That's nice.
Mon 16/06/03 at 23:02
Regular
"facepartyid prodigy"
Savatt78 wrote:
> Well here I am with just under 2 weeks till my girlfriend arrives from
> the States. This weekend I will be paying a pretty hefty price for an
> engagement ring (gotta be all romantic and wonderful and pop the
> question in like 2 weeks today).
>
> But here I am looking at a few games I wanna get before she arrives.
> Now I'll be doing a trade in for Midnight Club 2 and Brute Force. But
> theres also a couple of others that have got my attention. One of
> them is Soldier Of Fortune 2 and the other (which will probably have a
> few people whining at me) is Kung Fu Chaos. I played a demo of it
> recently and I thought it was a right laugh. :-)
>
> I can see it being excellent in multiplayer and plus its really easy
> to play so my gf will probably enjoy it too.
> So if I get these extra couple of titles then I will be looking at a
> bigger trade in.
> And no I'm not gonna go for a cheaper ring. ;-)
>
> Anyway, I have until Friday to decide what I'm gonna do.

OI! Ya following my Lead Sav me old son? Cos if you get your mrs a better ring than I get mine, i'll declare war! :P

As for the gaming decision... Midnight club 2, and Kung Fu Chao's are the choices there, and leave the others to build up a bit b4 ya roll in...
Mon 16/06/03 at 23:09
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Not following anyone mate. :-) Been with my gf for nearly 5 years so I really want to get her a ring - shes been hinting about it for ages and its never been a great time to spend that sort of money for one, what with the cost of the trips in general cause I tend to pay for most of the flights with her being in college.

As for going one better than your ring - I'm not in any competition, I'm just going to buy one I think she'll really like. But from the ones I've been looking at, I will be paying a bloody fortune. But at the end of the day shes more than worth it. ;-)
Mon 16/06/03 at 23:39
Regular
"facepartyid prodigy"
Savatt78 wrote:
> Not following anyone mate. :-) Been with my gf for nearly 5 years
> so I really want to get her a ring - shes been hinting about it for
> ages and its never been a great time to spend that sort of money for
> one, what with the cost of the trips in general cause I tend to pay
> for most of the flights with her being in college.
>
> As for going one better than your ring - I'm not in any competition,
> I'm just going to buy one I think she'll really like. But from the
> ones I've been looking at, I will be paying a bloody fortune. But at
> the end of the day shes more than worth it. ;-)

Good on ya Sav! Ya know Iam just teasing, I know what ya mean about rings though!!!

:D so hey ya moving to the u.s then? Cos ya better still talk to me on msn when Iam in Boston :P
Tue 17/06/03 at 17:48
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Er. Does she ever look on this site. Like ever?

At all?

No?

Well then. Good for you Savvvvvyy Sav Sav.

? at myself.
Tue 17/06/03 at 21:04
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Cheers for the comments people. ;-) And no Cyclone my gf never visits this site - only time she sees it is when I'm posting in front of her. ;-)

Yeah I've been enjoying the demo of KFC. So far I'm also enjoying it more than I did SSBM, but I'll wait till I have the full game to give it a fairer judgement. :-)
Wed 18/06/03 at 11:56
Regular
TGMbloke wrote:
Unfortunatly, thanks to the idiots who lied
> and called it no good, sales have been poor so there will be no sequel
> with live which is a great shame...

Don't you think for a minute that maybe they didn't lie and maybe it was their opinion that it was rubbish?

I played it round a mates and though it was utter toss.

Jeebus, if everyone said "they're just lieing, they really liked it" when games get bad reviews then the industry would be in a really bad state. Tell me, what exactly would a big site like IGN get out of lieing about a game and saying it's rubbish?
Wed 18/06/03 at 12:27
Regular
"8==="
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Tell me, what exactly would a big site like IGN get
> out of lieing about a game and saying it's rubbish?

I think IGN liked the multi on KFC.
I do own Super Smash Bros on GC. I have never played KFC. I'm not that into beat-em-ups. I'd rather play an 'adventure beat-em-up like Buffy or Hybrid Heaven.

Anyone played Hybrid Heaven?
Wed 18/06/03 at 13:21
Regular
"gsybe you!"
They should make HH2 or whaetver for

GC. ONLY ON GC.

rar

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.