GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"First ever game"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/06/03 at 11:25
Regular
I was just remmenicing of my first visit to SR and could not remmeber what game it was I bought. Then it came to me - Sam & Max hit the road! My dad bought it under his name then, but since then I have got my own card...Ahh, the memories.

My very, very first game though was Monkey Island one. I still remmember having to allign the little faces on a spinning wheel to get the password to enter the game each time.

My first Nintendo game though...I belive that was Super Mario Allstars (The version which included Super Mario World). Ahhh, that was a good game.

What where your first SR, Nintendo, and overall games? Be interesting to see if anyone else ever played the old Lucas Arts point and clicks like I did.
Wed 18/06/03 at 10:55
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Delorentis wrote:
> The first game I can remeber playing was a game and watch game with
> Mario and Luidi. My dad got it from Taiwan - it involved three levels,
> conveyor belts and milk bottles. A machine produced the boxes that the
> milk bottles sat in - and you had to simply change the box from the
> bottom conveyor to the next one up for BOTH Mario and Luigi on the
> left and right. Then the boxes were put on amilk truck indicating the
> end of the level. Of course the machine never produced boxes in
> sequence and split second timing inevitably occurred by level three
> with things becoming instinctive and utterly mad by 5...

That was Mario's Cement Factory, if I recall correctly.
Wed 18/06/03 at 12:00
Regular
My first ever game was probably Dizzy on the Spectrum, Class game ;)

My first Nintendo game has to be Super Mario World on the Gameboy.

My first game from SR was Splinter Cell for the Xbox (GAD win)
Wed 18/06/03 at 12:03
Regular
My first game from Special Reserve was a Lemmings and Oh no more Lemmings boxset for the Atari St.

They sent me 2 copies for some reason.
Wed 18/06/03 at 14:33
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
I can't remember the first game I bought but the first game I won was Banjo Tooie and I still have it, I love that game.
Wed 18/06/03 at 14:53
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
first ever game I bought was Catacombs for the ZX81 for £2.99 - I'm well old you know, that must have been back in 1981 or 2. Bought it from Boots who used to have the latest games in those days - before Game and SR were even conceived.
Wed 18/06/03 at 18:33
Regular
SR: Konami Krazy Racers
Nintendo: Duck & Mario Bros
Ever: Little handheld dinosaur game, which was surprisingly difficult, bosses were great.

I also had Mario All Stars World :-D The difference is I had a SNES/Mario All Star World bundle pack, which ruled. Why in gods name did a sell my SNES and over 15 really rare games (Including ActRaiser) for £60? :'-(
Wed 18/06/03 at 22:08
"cheerios"
Mine was Tetris on the gameboy... so damn addictive...
Wed 18/06/03 at 22:56
Regular
My first ever game was Finders Keepers on the ZX Spectrum 48k+

The first Nintendo game I ever played was Super Mario Bros on the NES.

MY first Nintendo game was Pokémon Blue for the Game Boy Color. Before that, all the Nintendo consoles were my brothers.
Wed 18/06/03 at 23:09
Regular
First game from SR was Tomb Raider II on the PSOne, cost like £44.99!
Can't remember my first ever game, part from it was on my Atari.
Wed 18/06/03 at 23:13
Regular
First Nintendo Game: Super Mario Bros (NES games had cool inside cases made out of some weird plastic).

First Game Ever: Something on the C64, where you went around as a hovercraft or something and picked up hostages, however, seeing as I was only 2-3 years old at the time I was killed on the first level (Even my 10 year old brother at the time had problems on it).

However, I cannot remember the name. Perhaps someone hear had it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.