GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"First ever game"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/06/03 at 11:25
Regular
I was just remmenicing of my first visit to SR and could not remmeber what game it was I bought. Then it came to me - Sam & Max hit the road! My dad bought it under his name then, but since then I have got my own card...Ahh, the memories.

My very, very first game though was Monkey Island one. I still remmember having to allign the little faces on a spinning wheel to get the password to enter the game each time.

My first Nintendo game though...I belive that was Super Mario Allstars (The version which included Super Mario World). Ahhh, that was a good game.

What where your first SR, Nintendo, and overall games? Be interesting to see if anyone else ever played the old Lucas Arts point and clicks like I did.
Tue 17/06/03 at 11:50
Regular
"8==="
TGMbloke wrote:
> Acorns ruled. A lot like Apples, but still very good. Remmember co-co?
> That single handedly started my urges for computer programming.
> Ahhh....

Chocks away has yet to beat as the best flying game, in my opinion.
One of the develoers of Smugglers Run: warzones says Chocks Away is still his favourite game. Chocks away was released in about 88,89 too!

Stunt Racer 2000 and Starfighter 3000 rocked too.
Tue 17/06/03 at 13:01
"Uzi Lover"
My first was a batch of around 30 games for the Sega Master System when I was 5.

My Mum and Dad bought it off of my cousin as he wanted a Mega Drive, I got it for my birthday.

Ummmm some I can remember: Rastan, Wonder Boy 3, Mickey Mouse Castle of Illusion, Double Dragon, Golden Axe, Altered Beast, Sonic, Ghostbusters, Tom & Jerry, Operation Wolf, Outrun Battle...loads more.

All decent. Back then even stuff like Mickey Mouse was good.
Tue 17/06/03 at 13:08
Regular
"everyone says it"
Totoro wrote:
> My first Nintendo game on a Nintendo machine was Super Mario Bros 2 on
> the NES, though I still have a Donkey Kong Game & Watch stored
> away, but I'm not sure which came first.

Donkey Kong arrived first, many years before the NES's launch!

Early 80's for Donkey Kong - Late 80's for NES :)
Tue 17/06/03 at 13:10
"Uzi Lover"
My first Nintendo game was Mario 64.

My first Special Reserve game was Lylatwars.
Tue 17/06/03 at 13:14
"I love yo... lamp."
First SR game that I bought was The World Is Not Enough.

Although I got Turok Rage Wars free, but I don't count it.
Tue 17/06/03 at 13:22
Regular
The first game i ordered from SR, I believe was Zelda: Majora's Mask. The first game I won from SR was conker's Bad Fur Day, 24 wins later and still not a game has beat it.

Although I probably won't be winning again. Anyway I think I better reknew my registration to SR soon.
Tue 17/06/03 at 14:01
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
First game I ordered from SR was Pokemon Snap. Hah. :D

First GBA game was Advance Wars

First game I won was Super Monkey Ball.

First game I ever had was the Mario and Duck hunt combo that came with my NES.
Tue 17/06/03 at 14:30
Regular
"bit of a brain"
The first game I ever played was probably Lemmings on an old BBC, I think.

The first Nintendo game that I played was probably one of the Mario games on the GB, although the first I remember is Super Mario 3, on JBHs NES.

My first game from SR would probably have been Perfect Dark (There was most likely something else, but I remember PD because it came a day early and I was so chuffed)

The first game I won was Super Mario Sunshine, for my Pork Pie Hat story in Life.

I have a sudden urge to go and play the first level of PD again, to relive those first moments I spent with the fantastic game.
Tue 17/06/03 at 16:06
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
The first game I got was Tetris, which I got with the Game Boy back in about 1992 or something. Ah, happy days.

First game I bought from SR was... err, I don't think I've bought any games from SR. Certainly bought a number of DVDs from SR, just not games. For some reason.
Tue 17/06/03 at 16:14
Regular
The first ever game I got was Donkey Kong Country 2 for the SNES, one of my all time favourites even my dad played it, he would stay up all night playing it. I forgot what the first SR game I got was.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.