GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"First ever game"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/06/03 at 11:25
Regular
I was just remmenicing of my first visit to SR and could not remmeber what game it was I bought. Then it came to me - Sam & Max hit the road! My dad bought it under his name then, but since then I have got my own card...Ahh, the memories.

My very, very first game though was Monkey Island one. I still remmember having to allign the little faces on a spinning wheel to get the password to enter the game each time.

My first Nintendo game though...I belive that was Super Mario Allstars (The version which included Super Mario World). Ahhh, that was a good game.

What where your first SR, Nintendo, and overall games? Be interesting to see if anyone else ever played the old Lucas Arts point and clicks like I did.
Tue 17/06/03 at 16:20
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
First game from SR: Theme park for the amiga
First nintendo game bought: Legend of Zelda Links Awakening (got golf and tetris 2 with my gameboy)
First game that I was given (first one I owned) Hyper Sports for the spectrum.
Tue 17/06/03 at 17:07
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
First game was Tennis on the Binatone.

First Nintendo game was Donkey Kong Game & Watch or proper Nintendo console game was Rush'n'Attack (AKA Green Beret) on the NES.

First SR game? *weeps* sadly I haven't brought one from SR yet!
Tue 17/06/03 at 17:18
My first EVER game was Rick Dangerous 2 on the A1200. Frustating, but quirky.

First Nintendo game - on the SNES, FIFA International Soccer. Made by Nintendo - Tetris.

First visit to a SR - never, there aren't any over here.
Tue 17/06/03 at 17:19
Oh, first SR game. Erm, Goldeneye, it came with my N64.
Tue 17/06/03 at 18:06
Regular
"Whatever!"
First ever game I played was Harrier Attack on the Amstrad CPC 464 - Great memories! First Nintendo game I got was Tetris with the original Game Boy!
The first game I bought from SR I think was All Star Baseball for the N64
Tue 17/06/03 at 18:12
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Icarus wrote:
> My first EVER game was Rick Dangerous 2 on the A1200. Frustating, but
> quirky.
>

BRILLIANT GAME!

First one was better. None of that alien malarky.

But you could slide dynamite in 2.

Fantasticosimo.
Tue 17/06/03 at 18:23
I liked the Down + Fire 1 thing, that dropped a moving bomb.
Tue 17/06/03 at 20:07
Regular
"A Ghost Of You"
First ever game: Super Mario Bros. 2 (NES)

First ever Nintendo game: Same as above

First ever SR game: Conker's bad fur day (only 36 quid at the time!!)
Tue 17/06/03 at 20:36
Regular
"One More Chance"
My first game was Donkey Kong Country on the Game Boy.

Then my first proper console was the N64 and my first game I got on it was Mario Kart 64.
Wed 18/06/03 at 09:44
Regular
"Smooth Operator"
The first game I can remeber playing was a game and watch game with Mario and Luidi. My dad got it from Taiwan - it involved three levels, conveyor belts and milk bottles. A machine produced the boxes that the milk bottles sat in - and you had to simply change the box from the bottom conveyor to the next one up for BOTH Mario and Luigi on the left and right. Then the boxes were put on amilk truck indicating the end of the level. Of course the machine never produced boxes in sequence and split second timing inevitably occurred by level three with things becoming instinctive and utterly mad by 5...

Then...well - I was also a victim of hand me downs (not that I was complaining) and I got a Atari 2600 with a few games. Asteroids, Adventure, Maze Craze, Tank, etc etc. Adventure was great.

Then I moved onto a C64 (borrowed from a mate for inordinate amounts of time...hehe) and the single best game on that machine was Airborne Ranger. Solid Snake owes his existance to that game....and those are my earliest days...the rest is history with long term allegiances to SEGA, Playstation (eep) and Nintendo in the 128 bit era. Bit mad really - the first nintendo I played on was when I turned 23...!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.