GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"First ever game"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/06/03 at 11:25
Regular
I was just remmenicing of my first visit to SR and could not remmeber what game it was I bought. Then it came to me - Sam & Max hit the road! My dad bought it under his name then, but since then I have got my own card...Ahh, the memories.

My very, very first game though was Monkey Island one. I still remmember having to allign the little faces on a spinning wheel to get the password to enter the game each time.

My first Nintendo game though...I belive that was Super Mario Allstars (The version which included Super Mario World). Ahhh, that was a good game.

What where your first SR, Nintendo, and overall games? Be interesting to see if anyone else ever played the old Lucas Arts point and clicks like I did.
Tue 17/06/03 at 11:27
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Full Throtal. ahhh yes
Tue 17/06/03 at 11:28
Regular
"everyone says it"
First game I ever played was when I was about two years old, it was Mario Cement (a Game & Watch game). It all grew up from there, when I was three my dad brought me a NES and Duck Hunt. Then began my fondness of guns (as you might have seen).

Yes. It all started to go wrong when I shot the dog.
Tue 17/06/03 at 11:28
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Grim Fandango (probley spelt wrong)

That was good Lucas Arts point and click
Tue 17/06/03 at 11:29
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Ive still got that Cement Mixer game!

very addictive.
Tue 17/06/03 at 11:30
Regular
"everyone says it"
Cool?!

I could never work out if it was Mario of Luigi?!
Tue 17/06/03 at 11:31
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Mario.

The little bleeps everytime you went left or right, never got boring!

As i was about 3 when i got this game, now im 19 and still not ashamed to play it.
Tue 17/06/03 at 11:35
Regular
"8==="
Various old BBC master games.

Hoverbod and E-type on my Acorn.
Tue 17/06/03 at 11:36
Regular
"8==="
Actually even earlier I had one of those self contained portable nintendo games. It was a f1 game.
Tue 17/06/03 at 11:39
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
The first game I got from SR was Waverace 64 back in 1997. I'd known about the company for a long time having seen their adverts in various game mags (I even have one of their old adverts from when they sold NES stuff). I knew there was a club shop in Chelmsford, but not the exact location, so after a little exploration, I found it and have been a member in some way shape or form ever since.

My first Nintendo game on a Nintendo machine was Super Mario Bros 2 on the NES, though I still have a Donkey Kong Game & Watch stored away, but I'm not sure which came first. The version of Mario 2 was actually my brothers. He got it for his birthday at the end of November, but we didn't get the NES until Christmas, so we had about three weeks of waiting for Mario 2 and Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles (as it was then known).

My first overall game is something I can't really remember. My dad had thousands of Spectrum games that I also enjoyed playing, plus we had an Atari 2600, and I suppose I must have bought a few, so it was probably one of the many games from those machines. I do have recollections of buying Transformers for the Spectrum in a crummy old record shop.
Tue 17/06/03 at 11:47
Regular
"All about the Beats"
First games i played on that i remember are probley,

Dizzy (all 5, i think)
Operation Wolf
Out Run (Amiga)
Renagade
double dragon
Mr Angry (not many people ever played this game)
all on the C64

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.