GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"First ever game"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/06/03 at 11:25
Regular
I was just remmenicing of my first visit to SR and could not remmeber what game it was I bought. Then it came to me - Sam & Max hit the road! My dad bought it under his name then, but since then I have got my own card...Ahh, the memories.

My very, very first game though was Monkey Island one. I still remmember having to allign the little faces on a spinning wheel to get the password to enter the game each time.

My first Nintendo game though...I belive that was Super Mario Allstars (The version which included Super Mario World). Ahhh, that was a good game.

What where your first SR, Nintendo, and overall games? Be interesting to see if anyone else ever played the old Lucas Arts point and clicks like I did.
Fri 20/06/03 at 09:58
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
My first proper videogame was a Game & Watch the one witht he bomb people... darn it was good :D
Thu 19/06/03 at 22:40
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
TGMBLOKE wrote:
Anyone ever play Discworld 1&2? Not as good as Monkey

Island 1&2, but still very, very good in their own right. Full Throttel, Sam & Max, DOTT, Manic Mansion, 2 Indiana Jones ones, The Dig, ahhhhh, the SUMMM engine.

I loved all those old point and clicks (And, yes I am aware that Discworld was not on the SCUMM engine or by Lucas Arts ;) )

yeah but where can you get them or download them?
Thu 19/06/03 at 21:28
Regular
"You peasant..."
Mario 64.

I liked it a lot. Except the lava level.
Thu 19/06/03 at 15:30
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Or buy them for about £3.
Thu 19/06/03 at 15:25
Regular
Damn, they've been taken down for some reason.

You can easily find 1 & 2 on the net though.
Thu 19/06/03 at 15:23
Regular
http://www.the-underdogs.org/

Go to this site and you can download Monkey Island 1+2, 2 of the best games i've ever played.
Thu 19/06/03 at 15:20
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
Ive got monkey island 4 but i was wondering if you can still buy the other three monkey islands? they sound well good if a little dated...

my first game was sonic the hedgehog for megadrive. My first pc game was the bladerunner point and click game. my first nintendo game was donkey kong country for snes! what a game...
Thu 19/06/03 at 12:09
Regular
Pac-Man was my first ever game, back in the days of the atari...
Thu 19/06/03 at 01:13
Regular
"bing bang bong"
First game I ever owned (bar those handheld jobbies) was a set of four on a disk that came with my Amstrad CPC - Manic Miner, Jet Set Willy, Binky and Carls Treasure Hunt. Sooo many classics.

The first Nintendo game I ever played was Super Mario Bros on my friends NES back in 1985, we used to sit and play it through for hours, we were pretty good for 5 year olds :O) I didn't own a Nintendo myself until the SNES in 1992 - my first game was Super Mario World.

First game I bought from SR was either Zombies/Super Bomberman (bought together) or Lamborghini: American Challenge (or possibly some other SNES game).
Wed 18/06/03 at 23:18
Regular
er-no wrote:
> First game I ever played was when I was about two years old, it was
> Mario Cement (a Game & Watch game).

UI'm sure I once owned that, or at least my friend did.

Strangely addictive it was. BUt, it was a minigame I think inside another old game, or a gameboy game at the time.

After reading the description of it, I knew I had plaed it, just not on the Game ANd WWatch.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.