GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gettin X-Box"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/06/03 at 14:12
Regular
I am gettin an X-Box, i reckon 2 get Burnout2 and Enter Matrix. Have heard Matrix is 2 linear is this tru. Dont advise 2 get Halo, as already got that (won as prize on TV)
Sat 21/06/03 at 18:06
Regular
So if you played the Deus EX demo you would be hooked by that point? A friend of mine thought it was pretty pants as I only showed him the opening few areas. I went on at him to go out and get the game and he did. Now he actually says its the best game he has ever played. I honestly rate the game as one of the best I have ever played but there is no way that I could say that from the demo I got from PC Zone.
Sat 21/06/03 at 18:04
Regular
By that time on Deus EX there is no way you could even begin to appreciate the beauty of the story line and twists. I only really started to get into the game in Battery Park where more of the story unfolds.
Sat 21/06/03 at 18:04
Regular
Demos and reviews say a lot about games. From both, I have come to the decision not to purchase Oddworld or Amped.
Sat 21/06/03 at 17:58
"slightlyshortertagl"
MotoGP2
Sat 21/06/03 at 17:58
Regular
Thats funny because I have demos for both Deus EX and Morrowind on PC. The Deus EX demo end after you reach Gunther in the cells and the Morrowind demo is just a small area built for the demo so you can get used to the game.

The same goes for the Conflict Desert Storm demo. It doesn't grab me to want to go out and buy it at all. I counter 5 major things left out of the Hitman 2 demo but because I completed the first Hitman game I knew that the game would rectify the problems.

Apart from the demo for Deathrow I can't honestly think of another demo which has encouraged me to find out more about the game. Having said that there should be a playable Halo 2 demo released very soon so I am sure things will change :)
Sat 21/06/03 at 17:51
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> You can't judge a game from a demo.

Developers produce demos with the intention of persuading people to buy their game - they therefore try and get the best experience across. It's fine to judge a game by a demo.

> The Hitman 2 demo was rubbish but the game was genius.

I liked that demo.

> If you got a demo of Deus EX or Morrowind there is no way you could get
> into the games before they cut them off.

That's why there aren't demo versions of those games or any other RPGs.

Oddworld and Amped are very much pickup and play games and while I thought the demos were quite nice, there wasn't enough justification there for my money.
Fri 20/06/03 at 16:08
Regular
I'll be getting 1080 2, SSX 3, Amped and Amped 2 this Xmas then........gonna be a bit busy.
Fri 20/06/03 at 16:01
Regular
Amped really is a superb game. Amped 2 is out in December and I think its a LIVE title. There aren't any racers though its just a trick game. I actually prefer it this way though :)
Fri 20/06/03 at 12:47
Regular
Amped looks excellent, will purchase but don't fancy playing a snowboarding game in the summer.

When's Amped 2 out - am I right in thinking that's got Live play?
Thu 19/06/03 at 23:46
Regular
You can't judge a game from a demo. The Hitman 2 demo was rubbish but the game was genius. If you got a demo of Deus EX or Morrowind there is no way you could get into the games before they cut them off. If you try the full versions I am sure you will find they are actually decent games. That is depending on whether you like Sports or platforming games...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.