GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"England 30 man World Cup squad"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/05/10 at 14:12
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Sorry non-football fans!

So Fabio has named his provisional 30 man squad, listed below:

Goalkeepers: Joe Hart, David James, Robert Green.

Defenders: Leighton Baines, Jamie Carragher, Ashley Cole, Michael Dawson, Rio Ferdinand, Glen Johnson, Ledley King, John Terry, Matthew Upson, Stephen Warnock.

Midfielders: Gareth Barry, Michael Carrick, Joe Cole, Steven Gerrard, Tom Huddlestone, Adam Johnson, Frank Lampard, Aaron Lennon, James Milner, Scott Parker, Theo Walcott, Shaun Wright-Phillips.

Forwards: Darren Bent, Peter Crouch, Jermain Defoe, Emile Heskey, Wayne Rooney.

So, for a bit of fun, who do we think the 7 unlucky few will be that get dropped on June 1st when the final 23 are anounced?

Personally I think the following can book their summer holidays:

Upson
Warnock
Huddlestone
Johnson
Parker
SWP
Bent

As much as I don't want Heskey to go, he is preferable to Bent.
Wed 19/05/10 at 14:05
Regular
"How Ironic"
I always manage to provoke a reaction some how :D
Wed 19/05/10 at 13:55
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Sonic Chris wrote:
> Any thoughts?

Plenty.

Parker over Milner? I hope you meant this selection as a joke, Milner has been excellent recently for both club and country and deserves to go ahead of Parker who has been indifferent for the past two years, at best.

Also, 3 left-backs but no place for Dawson? Most of the country is in agreement he has been in top form this year and one of the most consistent centre halves this season.
Wed 19/05/10 at 13:54
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
You would drop Milner in favour of keeping the mentally challenged Scott Parker?

He is a liability, not only with his football but his irrational behaviour. I'm all for having fire/spirit in the team but not when it's gonig to be reckless and stupid.

A couple of occasions this season I have seen him lunge in like the only thing on his mind was injury...... if only it had been against Arsenal so Wenger and Fabre-gasbag had something real to complain about.
Wed 19/05/10 at 13:48
Regular
"How Ironic"
Goalkeepers: Joe Hart, David James, Robert Green.

Defenders: Leighton Baines, Jamie Carragher, Ashley Cole, Rio Ferdinand, Glen Johnson, Ledley King, John Terry, Stephen Warnock.

Midfielders: Gareth Barry, Michael Carrick, Joe Cole, Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard, Aaron Lennon, Scott Parker, Theo Walcott.

Forwards: Peter Crouch, Jermain Defoe, Emile Heskey, Wayne Rooney.

Dropped- Michael Dawson, Matthew Upson, Tom Huddlestone, James Milner, Darren Bent, Adam Johnson, Shaun Wright-Phillips.

Any thoughts?
Wed 19/05/10 at 13:24
"possibly impossible"
You still probably know more than me about football anyway!
Wed 19/05/10 at 12:42
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
I've deleted the whole post now...

I know staffies can probably see it and think "stupid uneducated female!" but there's no reason why I should embarass myself further by letting others read it as well >< :D
Tue 11/05/10 at 17:14
Regular
pete_21 wrote:
> dav2612 wrote:
>
> I'd keep Bent over Heskey.
>
> Lol :)

And all Heskey wants to do is play football, the poor soul :(
Tue 11/05/10 at 17:08
Regular
"I like turtles"
dav2612 wrote:

> I'd keep Bent over Heskey.

Lol :)
Tue 11/05/10 at 16:53
Regular
Sonic Chris wrote:
> Carragher puts in decent games for Liverpool, occasionally
> fantastic. Good centre back. Old, but wise. Anyone else think of
> a centre back who could replace him?

Chris Smalling? He gets bucket loads of penalties and tons of goals too... albeit it for the opposite team. Man U player next season, yay.

But in all seriousness, I don't think Carragher is a bad choice. I don't like the bloke, but he's been pretty good for about 100 years.

Other possible people that might have taken his place? Sol (no, seriousy), Cahill, Jagielka?
Tue 11/05/10 at 15:58
Regular
"THFC"
Glad to see Dawson got his name in there!

I would pretty much agree with Butch on the 7 who will not make it, but we will have to see, strange things can happen!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.