GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"England 30 man World Cup squad"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/05/10 at 14:12
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Sorry non-football fans!

So Fabio has named his provisional 30 man squad, listed below:

Goalkeepers: Joe Hart, David James, Robert Green.

Defenders: Leighton Baines, Jamie Carragher, Ashley Cole, Michael Dawson, Rio Ferdinand, Glen Johnson, Ledley King, John Terry, Matthew Upson, Stephen Warnock.

Midfielders: Gareth Barry, Michael Carrick, Joe Cole, Steven Gerrard, Tom Huddlestone, Adam Johnson, Frank Lampard, Aaron Lennon, James Milner, Scott Parker, Theo Walcott, Shaun Wright-Phillips.

Forwards: Darren Bent, Peter Crouch, Jermain Defoe, Emile Heskey, Wayne Rooney.

So, for a bit of fun, who do we think the 7 unlucky few will be that get dropped on June 1st when the final 23 are anounced?

Personally I think the following can book their summer holidays:

Upson
Warnock
Huddlestone
Johnson
Parker
SWP
Bent

As much as I don't want Heskey to go, he is preferable to Bent.
Wed 26/05/10 at 10:35
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Then we agree :D Although to be fair to this team, I do sense something in them that other teams have not inspired me to believe.

Take the Mexico game for example. The team are getting a hell of a lot of stick for it (unfairly I think).

The team didn't perform magically, but it wasn't a full squad, and it was a friendly. Despite that, England got a result. A good one too.

And there were real moments (admittedly only a few minutes worth total) where I thought "If we can do this for 50-60 minutes a game ....maybe, just maybe..."
Tue 25/05/10 at 18:33
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Warhunt wrote:
> Not sure what other "world team beating" squad you have
> watched DL but this team has certainly shown that it is one of
> the better sides in at least my time watching.
>
> I would say it certainly has a similar chance to the other
> teams. Has to be better than Mac-Failures team surely.

Totally agree with all you say WH. I wasn't suggesting that any of the other England teams have been 'world-beaters' just that the present team don't give me enough confidence to believe that they can actually go out and play football with total determination, flair and a capacity to actual win on a regular basis or maybe it's the old thing that individuals do not perform for England as they do for their clubs :-)
Tue 25/05/10 at 08:53
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Not sure what other "world team beating" squad you have watched DL but this team has certainly shown that it is one of the better sides in at least my time watching.

I would say it certainly has a similar chance to the other teams. Has to be better than Mac-Failures team surely.
Mon 24/05/10 at 23:42
Regular
"THFC"
Well i guess Spurs did their part with 5 players taking part! Ledley scoring the first and Crouchy the second, was all good stuff.

Not the best game and Mexico kept the ball well at times, looking forward to seeing the final 23 man squad soon.
Mon 24/05/10 at 19:21
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Butch wrote:
> Sorry non-football fans!
>
> So Fabio has named his provisional 30 man squad, listed below:
>
> Goalkeepers: Joe Hart, David James, Robert Green.
>
> Defenders: Leighton Baines, Jamie Carragher, Ashley Cole,
> Michael Dawson, Rio Ferdinand, Glen Johnson, Ledley King, John
> Terry, Matthew Upson, Stephen Warnock.
>
> Midfielders: Gareth Barry, Michael Carrick, Joe Cole,
> Steven Gerrard, Tom Huddlestone, Adam Johnson, Frank Lampard,
> Aaron Lennon, James Milner, Scott Parker, Theo Walcott, Shaun
> Wright-Phillips.
>
> Forwards: Darren Bent, Peter Crouch, Jermain Defoe, Emile
> Heskey, Wayne Rooney.
>
Having watched World Cups since 1962, this years 'football fest' seems to be the worst as regards England's chance of getting very far. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see them win it but I have a very big doubt that this squad can do what is required of them...as a team they aren't world-class or world beaters...full stop :¬(
Mon 24/05/10 at 18:56
Regular
"THFC"
I will give it a watch, hopefully nothing bad happens injury wise and it is a simple enough non physical game!

Just watching any football i can, with the season over, grabbing on to any game possible for the football fix haha!
Mon 24/05/10 at 14:45
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
So England v Mexico tonight in a friendly, anybody that bothered? Thought not.

As Ledley and Daws are supposed to be playing, I may flick back from RDR/FlashForward every now and again, but I don't plan on going out my way for it.
Fri 21/05/10 at 13:19
Regular
"WeAppearToBeOnFire"
Ones in bold I think should be going home based on this seasons form:

Goalkeepers: Joe Hart, David James, Robert Green.

Defenders: Leighton Baines, Jamie Carragher, Ashley Cole, Michael Dawson, Rio Ferdinand, Glen Johnson, Ledley King, John Terry, Matthew Upson, Stephen Warnock.

Midfielders: Gareth Barry, Michael Carrick, Joe Cole, Steven Gerrard, Tom Huddlestone, Adam Johnson, Frank Lampard, Aaron Lennon, James Milner, Scott Parker, Theo Walcott, Shaun Wright-Phillips.

Forwards: Darren Bent, Peter Crouch, Jermain Defoe, Emile Heskey, Wayne Rooney.

Its quite difficult as Barry if he is carrying an injury should not be taken, its too much of a risk and a waste of a space. Which means Carrick keeps his place.

Carragher has been naff all season but so has Matthew Upson, so the fact that Carragher can cover at Left/Right back as well means he keeps his place.

Scott Parker has had like 4 good games all season when he has been fit or not suspended.

SWP has had a rubbish season as well, I dont rate him or Theo Walcott. I think SWP is a better all round player than Walcott as Theo has very little to no end game at all. But for his unsettling pace along Theo gets the nod.

Adam Johnson is just an absolute ball sack and should be shot.

Bent has had a better season than most of the other strikers and Emile hasnt really had one full stop. So goodbye Mr Heskey.
Fri 21/05/10 at 10:15
Regular
Oh that's good, though I'm not sure about the cameo from Kobe.
Fri 21/05/10 at 09:45
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Not really on topic, but I've just watched Nike's new World Cup advert and it's glorious!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.